1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Brütal Legend soundtrack revealed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 10 Aug 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Active Member

Now thats a soundtrack :D

3. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

No meat loaf. :(

4. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Deadly Sinners?
    Progenies of the Great Apocalypse?
    Witches?
    Painkiller?

Sweet. :D

5. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

is it just me, or is that list heavily Scandinavian??
    :)

6. WildThing

WildThing Member

QFT:rock:

Racer X - Technical Difficulties?
    Racer X - Y.R.O.?

:thumb:

7. mjm25

mjm25 New Member

aaaaw no metallica, i know you couldn't really class it as "heavy" but it's still good! i'm glad i can't see dragonforce in that list though :p they're fun... but the words "fire and flames" appear in at least one song too many.

8. Natima

Natima New Member

NO IRON MAIDEN!?!?!?!?!? ARRRGH!

To be honest they could have put some Deep Purple in too and some Thin Lizzy or something.

9. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

;)

Seconded. Or thirded, or wherever we're at...

They're missing Hammerfall too...

Last edited: 10 Aug 2009
  10. oasked

oasked Stuck in the Mud

No System of a Down? :(

Still this might turn out to be a decent game...

11. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

love that song

12. Kamikaze-X

Kamikaze-X New Member

this NEEDS to be put on PC.

13. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Good soundtrack! Yeah, there's other stuff that could be on there, but they can't have an infinite number of songs (Iron Maiden - The Trooper would have gone down well, IMO).

I was surprised by there only being two Tenacious D songs to be honest.

14. interzen

interzen Real men use chainsaws.

QFT - A bit of Maiden on there would be icing on the cake (surprised they didn't put "Number of the Beast" on there, f'rinstance) but other than that, can't really fault it, and there's a few bits on there that really take me back to my yoof (Ozzy, Sabbath, Accept etc.). I'd stick 'Madhouse' by Anthrax on there too :)

If they release the soundtrack separately then I'll buy a copy for the car - game is already pre-ordered :-D

Not sure about 'bringing together every genre of metal' but definitely an 'A' for effort.

15. sear

sear Guest

Awesome soundtrack overall. Angel Witch, Brocas Helm, Carcass, Crimson Glory, Dark Tranquillity, Emperor, Enslaved, Metal Church, Ministry, Overkill, Rotting Christ, Slough Feg... yeah, seriously, Tim's got some pretty amazing taste in music right there. Of course there's also a lot of the requisite popular stuff like Mastodon, Slayer, Judas Priest, Motley Crue, Quiet Riot, Scorpions, etc.... nothing wrong with that, though if it were up to me, some of those wouldn't be anywhere near this game.

I'm actually glad for once we don't have Iron Maiden and Metallica being the sole two bands representing metal. Frankly they are both overrated (Metallica especially) and I'm glad that better stuff went on the list instead. Yeah, I just dissed Iron Maiden. Sorry guys, but frankly I've heard "The Number of the Beast" about a billion times now, and I could do without it this time around.

There are a surprising number of obscure (and awesome) bands here as well. Brocas Helm? Slough Feg? Are you kidding me? Those are extremely awesome but also relatively unknown American power metal bands, and it's rather amazing that they're on here considering how their fan-bases number in the thousands. Mirrorthrone? One-man bedroom black metal project that is actually surprisingly good, and another surprise. Good to see that even the tiny, independent black metal guys are being acknowledged, although I probably would have preferred, say, Leviathan.

I could do without some of the crap like Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, 3 Inches of Blood, Children of Bodom, In Flames, etc., but I guess you need something to pull in the mallcore kiddies. I'm actually a little surprised there's no System of a Down along with these other guys.

I also would have preferred to see death metal better represented. Come on, no old-school death metal like Morbid Angel, Asphyx, Pestilence, Death, Suffocation, Vader, etc.? I can understand the absence of some genres like folk metal, doom metal, avant-garde etc. because they tend to shy away from the more "METAL!!!1 \m/" aspects of the genre, but I'd still have liked more of that stuff on the list if only for the sake of bragging rights.

Now, how about a PC version? Is that too much to ask for?

16. Arkanrais

Arkanrais New Member

Meshuggah
    Machine Head
    Rammstein
    Soilwork
    DevilDriver

^are missing :(
    I would have loved to see Meshuggah's Bleed or obZen in that lineup, but I'm happy to see Dethklok in there (speaking of which, does anyone know when the Dethalbum II is being released?)

edit: also surprised to see they went with the instrumental version of Mastodon's Oblivion. I think it sounds much better with the lyrics in it.

Last edited: 10 Aug 2009
  17. interzen

I'd replace the original Budgie version of 'Breadfan' with Metallica's cover - one of the few occasions where the cover track is better than the original. Quite apart from the only decent thing Metallica have done since around 1987. Oh, and you can't have old-skool death/black-metal without Venom ;-)

18. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

no slayer? everyone will have an opinion of what should be on this soundtrack!

looks to me like they haven't fallen into the trap of pussying out and making it all meat loaf and bon-jovi pseudo metal crap.

3 Inches of Blood - Destroy the Orcs = what a track!

19. interzen

They're neatly sandwiched between Skid Row and Slough Feg ...
    Good that the didn't go down the 'Angel of Death' cop-out route (even though it kicks copious quantities of arse)

20. sear

sear Guest

Good. Rammstein isn't metal, Soilwork aren't really metal these days and were never very good to begin with, Machine Head makes me want to vomit, DevilDriver is mediocre, etc. Meshuggah is the only good band on that list, but even then they're starting to become old hat as they run out of ideas.

As an aside, I think we can all agree that there is simply not enough Bolt Thrower on that list. And Thyrfing. And Hail of Bullets. And Edge of Sanity. And Gorguts.

Last edited by a moderator: 10 Aug 2009
Tags: Add Tags