1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Brass elbow fittings?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by -Xp-, 31 May 2005.

1. -Xp-

-Xp- Minimodder

Is it just me, or is it impossible to buy 1/2" elbow ("L") fittings in brass?

[​IMG]

Everywhere does them in plastic (as above), but I'm after them in brass to go with the rest of my system. I've searched high and low and can't seem to find these things anywhere. Has anyone seen them about?

2. kbn

kbn What's a Dremel?

The only brass ones I can think of are for compression fittings. here

Youmight prefer copper pipe elbows, much nicer/less restrictive (15mm ID/OD depending on type).
    There are two types:
    End feed - suppost to go over normal 15mm copper pipe,
    Street elbow - is 15mm copper pipe so it will go in other fittings (and your tubing would fit over it).
    You want the second type if you can find them, else you will need to solder a short bit of pipe in to use as your barb.

You should have no problem getting 1/2" thickwall tubing over 15mm OD, maybe even thinwall but ive never tyed. They are cheaper aswell.. pack of 10 for ~£2.50 in focus,

This page has them aswell, but you will need copper pipe for them (they dont have proper street elbows - and I dont know anywhere that does). They have min order of 20meters, so unless you think you wil use all that, goto focus and get a 2meter length for £2.50..
    http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/cat.jsp?cId=100555&ts=52985

Or you cpould use these, but you need hose clamps, http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?ts=53389&id=75147
    Still have bigger ID than the plastic ones, and less sharp bend.

Last edited: 31 May 2005
  3. Risky

Risky Modder

You can always get 90deg pipefittings in whatever thread you're on and screw you barbs into them. There's a couple of good uk fittings supppliers in the links sticky. Airlines or thorite both have a big parts list.

4. -Xp-

-Xp- Minimodder

That's a pretty sweet idea. I've got a load of spare barbs so I'll see if I can try it out.

Tags: