1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Switch Breath of the Wild 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by The_Crapman, 15 Jun 2021.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman Don't phone it's just for fun. Staff

Thought I'd get a thread on this started. Here's what we've seen so far.

Looks like links arm augmentation as shown in creating a champion is definitely a thing as shown in the new sneak peak. Wild theories will be abound for the next 12 months or so till the game releases, here's mine:

I'm betting on actual time travel, traveling back to a time that's not too long after skyward sword (in terms of Zelda chronology anyway, makes some sense to the HD release) where the islands above hyrule have descended to where they're not that far above it anymore. That's why you "couldn't see them" in botw, because they had completely fallen and were part of the landscape of hyrule by then.

2. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Should probably try and play the first one no?

3. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

The first one is a brilliant and beautiful game. It can be as fast paced or as slow paced as you want.

4. The_Crapman

Not necessarily, if you've played a Zelda before you get the gist of it. Although a "sequel", how much of it is a direct continuation of that story remains to be seen. Breath of the Wild was VERY different from any of it's predecessors in general gameplay mechanics however, so definitely worth a playthrough. It's an open world sandbox game, so imagine a ubisoft open world sandbox game (assassin's creed, division, far cry) map full of mission flags, go here do this thing, then this, you can't do that yet etc., then imagine the complete opposite of that. That's BotW. You can start the game and pretty much immediately go to the endgame boss fight (current wr is 25min and that's without the OOT style glitching to skip huge sections of the game), or spend a few hundred hours exploring every nook and cranny before going to fight the boss.

yuusou and MadGinga like this.
  5. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

upload_2021-6-16_0-23-48.png

If you hear the sound you know what kind of player you are.

6. The_Crapman

I liked to throw rocks at the little goits.

Totally forgot to add in my hypothesis that as a time travelling episode it will add a divergence point for the timeline. Possibly convergence for the 3 timelines too.

Last edited: 16 Jun 2021
  7. DeViLzzz

DeViLzzz What's a Dremel?

I still haven't complete the first game on Wii U. Much rather play this series and many other games on the Wii U. Love the controller. Still though I am happy my brother gets another game that is worth playing the Nintendo Switch.