1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Briefcase PC

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Out50Stang, 26 Nov 2002.

1. |Jedi|

|Jedi| What's a Dremel?

cheaper option for a laptop... you only need a LCD screen

:D

2. Out50Stang

Out50Stang What's a Dremel?

i got it at Lowes for $19

3. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

I have seen a small dremel in Woolworths for £20 and it comes in a sweet aluminium case. I was planning on getting it just for the case to slap a SFF machine inside. Definately need a laptop CD drive though :naughty:

4. ouija

More pics soon?

5. Out50Stang

another update, i got my HSF and PSU in, i polished the heatsink to a mirror and put it on the AMD T-bird 900, and as for the PSU, it needed work....

first when it came shipped it was not wrapped or anything, and was in a box of styrofoam peanuts, and some of them got inside the case, so i had to take it apart (voiding the warrentee :rolleyes:) and i decided that it was too big for my case, it was too wide for where i wanted to put it, which is right under the video card, and if i put it there then nothing would fit

soooo.... i opted for some modding and i made a plexi cover for my PSU which made it just small enough so i could fit it where i wanted....:lol: i took the fan that was in it, and mounted it on top, not shure what i am going to to with the rest of the wires, but i am working on it.....i'll have pics soon

6. ouija

Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics!

WE WANT PICS!

7. Gretzky

Gretzky What's a Dremel?

i saw a very similar briefcase at CompUSA here in the US. heheh

Damn ooops forgot this is mostly a UK forum :p

8. Out50Stang

lol, i will have pics soon, once i have my PSU secured in, i will show pics :) which is soon

9. ouija

Man... 4am shouldn't you be in bed? Hmmm what a hypocrit I am :D

10. Hindaine

Hindaine What's a Dremel?

What section of lowes?

11. Out50Stang

tools i believe, it's a tool case it's made by "task force" if that helps any.......

i posted at like 11:30 pm last night :hehe:

12. Hindaine

Hindaine What's a Dremel?

Thanks, ive been looking for a cheap briefcase to make into a briefcase comp for a while now

13. ouija

I'm curious as to why you've put the motherboard where you did. The ports aren't exposed. Is that deliberate?

14. Out50Stang

i didn't want everything sticking out of the side for one, and i also wanted to keep it looking like a briefcase from the outside, and since i walk with it in the rain when i am bringing it inside the house (since it was built to be portable) i didn't want it to get wet, plus this way looks cleaner :)

15. relix

relix Minimodder

nice! and nice fit too!

can't wait to see more pics :D

16. Out50Stang

here are the awaited pics :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

keep in mind it's still not finished yet, i have to cut holes for fans, but i am not sure how i will do that yet, as i don't want them to be really visable, but i just might use alluminum mesh filters to try to blend it in.....

also i have to mount the new 60gb hard drive somewhere, the cpu fan really screams when it's on high, it sounds as loud as a hairdryer on medium setting :worried: but it keep it cool and saves space by being small..... with the case almost closed up and the fan on low it sounds ok.....i need to figure out how to get the hard drive mounted to the top without drilling holes, i think i will do something similar to how i did the mobo, stay tuned

temps with it almost closed is 104*F and 114*F (CPU) with no outside fans, i will add 2 the most i think, and they should help out a little (maybe 2 60mm)

Last edited: 17 Dec 2002
  17. |Jedi|

|Jedi| What's a Dremel?

how do you do to keep pci and agp cards in position?

18. ouija

I've seen front USB slots and stuff on some of the cases we use at work and they have a slide cover which when pulled over the slots it springs outwards and basically sits flush with the case... Maybe you could make something similar for your fans.

19. Out50Stang

thats what i was talking about, i need to get the USB ports off my brothers computer, and see if i can make it work.....my mobo has a plug for it....:confused:

20. ouija

I actually meant a sliding cover to hide the fans when not in use :)