1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Brink Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 19 May 2011.

1. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

The story is set quite some time after the refugees arrived. I won't spoil it for those who are yet to play, but there is a very valid reason for them wanting to leave. You're missing out entire SWATHES of the plot (I like that word: Swathes...).

2. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Brink must be the most polarising game I've ever seen. Some would give it 80% some 30%.

3. Tsung

Tsung What's a Dremel?

I do wonder how many people like Brink becuase they have spent money on it and are trying to justify the purchase to themselfs/others?. Or maybe they were Brink fan-boys who play with rose tinted glasses, the game could be horrendious but they would never see it.

I don't know many games that get released with a 2gb patch (mentioned above), infact the only one that springs to my mind recently was Settlers 7 which added co-op multiplayer and more content to the game.

Me.. I'll leave brink for now until either a demo is out or I can have a quick play myself. It sounds very much like QW: ET a game where team play is more important than individual kills. Sadly, unless you're part of an organised clan team play rarely happens on public servers.

4. mongpong

mongpong What's a Dremel?

Always felt a bit meh! towards this game - like the idea of the SMART running but it always looked a bit lame to me. This review kind of backs that up.

Last edited: 23 May 2011
  5. mongpong

mongpong What's a Dremel?

Battlefield Bad Company 2 had over 2GB of patching before I could play it, and the update system was seriously lame and took ages for it to start downloading.
    Didn't Empire Total War have a ridiculous sized patch too? Test Drive Unlimited was supposed to be pretty terrible before a major patch too - but then only relatively terrible after it.

6. Jedibeeftrix

Jedibeeftrix What's a Dremel?

brilliant game, i'm having a ball!

7. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

This review was nice and balanced, compared to some of the other places where the game was dismissed straight away out of hand. And it was not surprising for me to see that the reviewers was slated this game were also the same reviewers who loved up black ops.

Agree with everything Caolan has mentioned, especially the fact that this game is more tactical than you might think, you cant do your rambo COD style here and expect to win. As time goes on it will get better as people get used to it and adapt to the game, and those COD types drop out.
    At the moment at times I cant stand playing on my own, because some of the pubbers have no concept of objectives.

Also what company would give you the first DLC free because of problems on day 1 (which I might add they got a chunk of it fixed on the same day)? That is something that should get more positive attention

Brink seems to be like marmite, you will either love it or hate it.

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  8. ev1lm1nd666

ev1lm1nd666 What's a Dremel?

Just bought it today for £8 from Game, well worth the money, runs very well on my old machine (athlon X2 5000, 2Gb DDR2, 9800GTX 512, Win7 X64, @ 1920 x 1080). Not noticed any lag yet but n00bs running around like they have an explosive enema shoved up their arse is a royal pain.

Tags: Add Tags