1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Britain's got no talent

Discussion in 'General' started by Freedom, 4 May 2008.

1. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Because it's low brow shite for the masses, promotes an easy way out for kids and does not educate.

2. Major

Major Guest

Are you ****ing serious?

Or you just posting your "trying to be funny" sarcasm?

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

QFT.

4. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

Also - the perople with talent in programming, or other areas like that tend to make an awesome ammount of money doing 9-5 jobs, they don't need to be 'famous', whereas entertainers like the ones on that sort of show do. A programmers talent is measured by how well he or she can program, an entertainers talent is measured by how many people they can entertain. Who needs a wider audience?

RwD

5. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

So you're not going to refute my argument then? I'm glad you at least took the time to stomach up an insult for me.

6. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

I saw that double act when it was on, it was freakin amazing! I was just like "WTF, who the hell is this guy, wheres security, lol, they gonna goto town on his ass! :D" - THEN he was part of the act, and they could BOTH DANCE!

And yeah, while I recognise there are many forms of talent, OP, there are only a few you could really do in a royal variety show. As much as the queen appreciates windows im sure she appreciates not having to watch it being written 100x more :)

At the OP, the shows aren't great because lots of people think they have talent but don't - and that isn't their fault all the time. The go in, they give it all they have got and who could ask for more? Its a fun show and it aims to find talent where usually people wouldn't have the chance so why bash it ?

edit: Low brow shite? You sir, are a snob. It hardly promotes an easy way out for kids, but when it comes down to it those who have the talent (and if you would take the chance to watch the shows you would see they do) then why the hell shouldn't they use it ? I used to want to be a saxophonist and I problalbly had the talent to do it too, but at a certain point decided on my own I wanted to take another route. So stop suggesting TV controls kids minds, they can think for themselves you know :<

edit like a million: Also, it doesnt "educate", what are you 80/a disillusioned lecturer/an american tv news presenter frequently reporting on computer games and how they have too much violence in them even though you have never played the game? Why does everything have to educate?! Why can't something just be fun ?

Last edited: 6 May 2008
  7. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

Though I would normally despise this sort of digital detritus, Britain's Got Talent, along with any reality based contest show, whether it be X Factor or Big Brother, offer the fulfillment of a base human, visceral instinct; the humiliation of those who are so self aggrandizing and bloated with misplaced confidence, that they believe their "talent" e.g. "ferret training, poor vocals or pathetic comedy" is a marvel to the eyes and deserving of attention.

I like to laugh at people and judge them, I think many people like to do this in the opening weeks of programming like this. It only becomes unbearable when the numbers scratched down, enticed by the prospect of fame and fortune. X Factor is an extreme example, throughout the final weeks all the contestants are battered with claims that they will be famous, that there records will go platinum, yet, who won X-factor last time? Can't remember his name, I think as soon as the show ended people simply forgot.

8. Major

Major Guest

Sorry I missed your amazing talent on the show last week, what was it again?

Oh that's it, it was the trying to be intelligent and funny act. ;)

9. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

Whenever you post these days it's just inflammatory comment after inflammatory comment. What's the deal?

AH

10. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Ramble asked to be insulted pretty much ?

11. Major

Major Guest

:thumb:

Tags: