1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BSG Season 3

Discussion in 'General' started by Ramble, 8 Oct 2006.

1. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

yeh! I was watching the video blog on the website and apparently one of the top 7 cast is out this season, I wouldn't be surprised if Tigh tops himself or if Laura is assassinated.

2. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

It seems like they're handling the show quite well. A lot of the best shows these days are doing something similar and drawing out each episode into a chapter in a large-scale plot. I love it! They're doing it in Lost as well.

I find the drawn-outness to be much better than when they treated each episode as having a stand-alone with only minor connections with subsequent episodes.

The sad thing is that we KNOW they're not going to find earth anytime soon. As soon as that happens, it's over. Remember what happened to Star Trek Voyager? They get back to earth and BOOM series finale. Although in Stargate, when they defeated the Gould, a new stronge enemy pops up all of a sudden. Weaker ratings have led to the ending of the series. The Atlantis spinoff is doing quite well though.

That's just my 18 cents.

3. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Personally, I don't mind it when they find Earth.
    I wouldn't want something like SG1, when they just re-iterate the story and make it bad, I prefer my good memories to ****** current episodes.

4. Stuey

What I mean is, it's only season 3. They've got a good, a VERY good thing going. There's no way they're going to end it anytime soon without squeezing out a few more seasons.

I predict that finding earth = end of series = :(.

5. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I've heard they're making a spinoff series too called Caprica, it's based on Caprica before the cylons came and nuked it all, hopefully the writing and acting will be up to scratch.

Absolutely loving BSG at the moment, probably my favourite program. Lost last season was just a bit, bleh, too much filler crap.

6. Mother-Goose

Jamie Bamber (Apollo for you who don't know) said he see's it going for about 5 seasons to tell the story, and I reckon that is a fair one, otherwise it will become a stargate and be drawn out and..well...crap tbh, I personally think it should have ended at S6 or 8, I have not really enjoyed it as much since, without RDA it isn't really SG1, other characters could have left but not him, in my opinion. I agree with what has been said, the stories now seem to be written for the sake of making an episode, its just the goa'uld on a bigger scale.

BSG though is kicking ass, and if there was a prequel spinoff that would be great, a filler from the first cylon war, that would be ace!

I do like what is happening with Balta btw, I cant remember from the original but doesn't he lead the cylons?

7. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

iiirc in the original he didnt lead the cylons but he had his own basestar (or 3?) for chasing the human fleet

8. Mother-Goose

ah that was it!!

I wonder what that probe was they found :p

9. ufk

ufk Licenced Fool

the probe.. umm wondered where last weeks socks went :p

I would go for Tigh topping himself, probably by accident

10. Mother-Goose

I dunno I see him going out in a Blaze of glory or something, doing something that needed to be done but couldn't because it would need a sacrifice or something in that direction.

Or he'll just walk out the airlock (well walk maybe the wrong phrase there)

11. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

WTF!!!! starbuck(supposedly) dies!

What the hell............

12. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Well, looks like Starbuck is dead...that was, well, a shite way to go.

13. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

Absolutely not ... I bet that she ejected

14. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

ejected where? was a ****ing gas giant, pressure was enough to squish a viper what do you think it would do to a human in a crappy space suit
    only way i can see her surviving is if she turns out to be a cylon and respawns :p

15. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I thought she ejected as well, but that's like ejecting out of a car into a brick wall. You're still a bit ****ed.

16. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

i bet thats not the last we see of her, shes either a cylon or summat is deffo not "normal" with her

17. Stuey

I doubt that she's a Cylon. On imdb, the last episode listed for her is last night's episode, but the same is true for the other cast members.

18. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

She wont be dead, and probably not a cylon. I'll bet that that storm was more than it seemed. It looked exactly like the picture she was drawing for one... My first thought was that it was some kind of worm hole. My guess is that next time we see her it will be at the very end of an episode and were going to be lead to believe she was a cylon all along (ie waking up in pink goo) and she will believe it as well. That will probably go on for 2 eps with her finding out the truth about something at the end of the second and then there will be a big grand finale where she gets back to Galactica and Baltar finds out that he is a cylon (surviving a massive explosion that killed millions was kind of a giveaway...) and then (i hope) there is going to be a big hint dropped about Earth...

end of season.

Would be awesome if I just predicted the storyline... If any of that is correct, one thing unfortunately isn't. They won't discover earth... That would make no sense to big suits who want to stretch shows to the limits and drag as much money out of them as possible before randomly canceling them.

19. Stuey

I just hope that it doesn't digress as much as Lost did.

20. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

I'm curious to know what the last episode was named for you folks in the UK as over here in canada were pretty far up the list.