1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BSG Season 3

Discussion in 'General' started by Ramble, 8 Oct 2006.

1. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

my theory, and this is completely bluesky with no foreknowledge of the show so i don't consider it to be a spoiler, is that when they get to earth they find humans and cylons coexisting, which really screws up the whole war dynamic galactica had going with the hostile cylons. that would be really interesting.

2. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

@ Mother-Gooser

Yea... that's a genuine possibility... I did read an article where Ronald D. Moore stated that they are all definitely cylons and they are all separate from the other cylons... Maybe they are the original designs not intended to be aggressive to humans. That might also explain how they were able to have such a long history with some of the other inhabitants of the BSG.

3. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Easily possible, since they know they're cylons yet all decide to help humans.
    I don't think Starbuck is the 5th.

4. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Tigh was absolutely spot on in that episode, that know nonsense attitude he's got, getting the others back to being themselves (for the mean time at least) and then saying "thats the man I want to be", absolutely perfect, and the fact the accepted it but didn't dwell on it because they were needed, its going to be interesting.

I wonder if they are there to try and get cylons and humans to peacefully co-exist as well perhaps? We have to wait to bloody jan 2008 to find out though BAH!!!!

5. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Was that the last in the series?

6. Fod

yup! next stuff is out roughly august/september time, the miniseries/movie, and then early 2008 for s4.

btw, there'll be a s3 soundtrack with that version of all along the watchtower on it out in august. i'll be buying that :D

7. Mother-Goose

yeh me too :)

As fod said, S4 starts in Jan next year and that *should* be the last season of BSG, then there maybe the caprica spin-off.

8. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

If the admiral is a cylon, then what about his son? So yea, that theory's out the window, right?

9. Mother-Goose

I think it will have to be new capricans because they could have been replaced without anyone noticing, doing so in the fleet would be a bit more tricky, even for the most cunning cylon, cunning enough to dress up as a fox and slyly sneak around, still tricky

10. geek1017

geek1017 What's a Dremel?

Gah!
    I just caught up with the series only to be told I have to wait until 2008 to find out what happens. Damn.

I really do think that Starbuck is the 5th. She said she'd been to earth, but that doesn't mean it was in her original body. I completely agree that the final 5 must be about coexistence with humans. Of course there will be a long and dramatic way to reconcile the religious differences between the races.

11. Mother-Goose

I'm not sure if starbuck is actually alive because Katee Sackoff (sp?) reportedly quit the show

12. will.

Nah, she's already been confirmed for season 4 and the 2 straight to Dee Vee Dee features. All the main cast have.

13. Mother-Goose

ah cool, thats good :)

14. buchans

buchans What's a Dremel?

have to agree, watched the last 15mins another time , it was that good lol :)

15. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

I just watched the episode again.
    Im not too sure about the final five has been revealed properly, first of all i dont think that they are the "proper" Cylon five, they maybe some other "special" or decendants of the Lords of Kobol or the original tribes people with special "traits"

I still need further proof. Like if they were cylons why can they reproduce? or pass the blood test? and also not get affected by the radiation that affects cylons??

And hiw did kara survive the black hole? was it a wormhole to the other galaxy? and if shes been there what did she see?

16. will.

they are confirmed as all being cylons by (can't remember his name) who is the writer. HOWEVER, Starbucks status as a cylon was kept cryptic...

17. atanum141

Ok fine but still doesn't answer how or why they can do the things they can?

18. Fod

remember that episode with all the cylon blood testing and Tigh's wife? remember that conversation Baltar had with Six along the lines of 'so is she?', 'ill never say...'?

well... what if the 5th is Tigh's wife?

19. atanum141

Jeez i really hope shes dead coz i hated her, most annoying character ever!

20. robbybertu15

robbybertu15 <b>needs a job</b>

Am I the only one who thought that ending was really cheesy and weird?