1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows BSOD after windows upgrade media (ntoskrnl.exe)

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by blinkieleblind, 7 Jun 2010.

1. blinkieleblind

blinkieleblind Tings and such

Hi,

i did a clean install of windows 7 using the upgrade media and everything ran fine for roughly 2 weeks but windows wasn't accepting my activation key after 15 days. i read that this could be because i did a clean install with upgrade media so i ran the upgrade cd again (this time in windows) and upgraded from windows 7 to windows 7 so to speak. it turns out that microsoft was having server issues on the day i tried my key , but since then i have had a couple of BSOD's of the IRQ not less than or equal variety. in both cases blue screen view seems to point at a ntoskrnl.exe driver

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

after using upgrade media i reinstalled ccc so am not sure if this is the cause. also, i have run memtest with a pass, i have not run it multiple times however nor on a single stick but since this only started to occur after the upgrade i think its a driver issue somewhere
    :sigh:

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

I don't know your problem,

But for doing a clean install with the upgrade disk, you needed to follow Method #2 here:
    http://www.winsupersite.com/win7/clean_install_upgrade_media.asp

Basically the activation was searching if you have a previous version of Windows, this registry tweak by pass this. It's new to Win7, and was implement for those who don't have their Windows disk, or have their hardware upgraded and need to re-install, or change their HDD or some computer issue, to avoid the problem that you faced.