1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other BSOD at first boot - The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Fat Tony, 18 Sep 2012.

1. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Minimodder

Morning all,

I'm installing Windows x64 on a Zoostorm laptop - i3 processor, 8Gb RAM, Clevo mobo (unsure of the chipset). W240HU motherboard if it helps (it didn't help me much)

The install goes well, right up until the final first boot into Windows 7 (x64 Home Premium - I'm using x64 as the CPU is compliant, and I have 8Gb of RAM I want to use), whereupon I get a Blue Screen of Death. It's at the point of the the very first boot into the operating system - after the point where it asks you to assign a PC name and password, but before you've seen a desktop for the first time, whereupon it BSOD’s with the Stop error message –

“The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor for an updated BIOS"

STOP: 0x000000A5 (0X0000000000000011, 0X0000000000000003, 0X0000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000)

Interestingly - or rather tellingly - when I remove the hard drive and put it in my machine on one of the the non-booting SATA connection, my machine fails to boot – with a hard drive error message shown on the motherboard LED’s.

I've -

- Run Memtest86 – runs for 4 passes without error – i.e. it’s not the RAM
    - Searched for updated BIOS – it has the latest BIOS – the error message above is itself erroneous
    - Fully wiped, formatted and partitioned the hard drive – done in Windows (via USB to SATA connection - because - as above - my machine won't boot with the HDD directly connected) and with GParted boot disc – this has not helped

Any ideas ?

Yes, the HDD is connected AHCI, and there are literally no other settings in the BIOS - well, alright, you can choose the boot order and set a password, but that's it.

2. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Tried an earlier BIOs, if one is available?

3. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Minimodder

And the answer is .... just continue to install, format, install format .... and eventually one install sticks

Think it must be a dodgy DVD / DVD drive

4. flamin9_t00l

flamin9_t00l 1,000,000,000,000 Bytes Free!

Try HDD regenerator and see if it finds any bad sectors (or if its a seagate try seatools).

5. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

Just out of curiosity have you tried disabling AHCI mode in the BIOS? Try that and let us know how it goes just a thought. You could also try burning a image to a disc and installing from a thumb drive and see if it makes any difference. Not sure either of these will work but just new things to try.