1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks BT Home Hub

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mosey, 15 Jul 2006.

1. Mosey

Mosey What's a Dremel?

I have just got a BT upgrade an upon doing this i have moved my computer onto wireless into a different room using the new BT Home Hub.

I have a Belkin PCI card, and after some fiddling i managed to hook onto the wireless. However whenever the connection drops, its impossible to click back onto it. Most of the time it comes up with an IP error and i have to recreate the connection profile to get it working. Additionally, i got my old laptop with WiFi and put it next to my computer, clicks on straight away each time with reasonable signal strength. This is driving me wild... Should i opt for a new wireless card? Or just buy an uber long ethernet cable ? :confused:

2. fev

fev Industry Fallout

first mistake was the BT homehub

it might be worth buying a new pci wifi card, perhaps a new arial for the current one?

3. Glider

Glider /dev/null

I'm generally in favour of wired networks for immobile PC's... :)

But since you allready have the wireless nic, that has to work too... :D So, Q1, you have SP2 installed? That eases out a lot of wireless issues.

4. DaSuperFly

DaSuperFly What's a Dremel?

First off, are you using windows to control the card or are you using Belkin's software? In my experience you should always use the manufacturer's software with wireless networking. Windows just never seems to get it right. Also disable 'Wireless Zero Configuration' when you're using the manufacturer's software and it's unlikely that your connection will drop again.

5. Mosey

Mosey What's a Dremel?

Cheers for all this, erm where abouts do i disable "wireless zero config"?

Tags: