1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News BT is exclusive Onlive supplier in UK

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 13 May 2010.

1. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

"Those horseless carriages will never catch on! What are you going to do when you run out of petrol?! With horses they can eat any grass and rest and be right as rain the next day, no Horseless carriage can do that!"

"If the human body is subjected to speed above the speed of sound they will die!"

2. GiantStickMan

GiantStickMan What's a Dremel?

Star*Dagger - not having a go at you mate but keen to hear what reasons you have for believing that an unproven new distribution system will be the future?
    From everything I see and read about it there seems to be so many hurdles that will hold it back, not just technologically but entering an extremely competitive marketplace already dominated by some industry giants with a huge user base. I'm not doubting that the industry is heading to digital distribution, I just doubt that this console from a comparatively small company can make any sort of impact at the moment.
    Devices that have set out to achieve a similar purpose have never even made it to the market (I believe that Phantom was one of them).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Phantom_(game_system)

3. EdwardTeach

EdwardTeach What's a Dremel?

I really doubt this is going to be successful.

4. Somatic

Somatic What's a Dremel?

I think the service will be more about performance for me. I don't get impressive speeds from my local exchange, so that'll likely be the main point. The subscription price looks reasonable if you actually make use of playing games nearly every day, but it depends what the minimum requirement for broadband speed is.

5. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Get the faster speed to download games faster from steam =p

6. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

:hehe:

You really had me laughing for a good moment with that reply, doesn't change my opinion though that I don't expect serious gamers to trust in cloud gaming.

Tags: Add Tags