1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News BT under pressure to block Newzbin

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 28 Jun 2011.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Now there's an idea :D

2. Bede

Bede Minimodder

You mistake me. The idea is not primarily to protect copyright etc, instead it is to prevent people making money from it. You can argue about piracy all day long, but there is no argument to support profiting from it.

3. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

This is the most ridiculous argument ever. "right" what does this even mean its so casually thrown around. All you are referring to is the fact that you can make a decision and deal with the consequences.

4. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Think we should all campaign that it's a human right to be able to download items if we so wish. Even though we would face punishments if we did.

Human Right's seem to trump all other laws anyway.

5. Odini

Odini What's a Dremel?

This is my point.

It is a key change, in my mind, from me choosing to obey the law and me being forced to. For example imagine that the government implanted a microprocessor into your head which controlled your actions, making it impossible to break the law. I am pretty sure that you would not be comfortable with this, even though you probably comply with the law anyway so would make little difference to your daily life.

By blocking my access, I am no longer in control of my own actions, thus I am no longer a free man. That is my issue with this case and the possible prescience it would set.

6. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Yes I see your point. But I disagree on the fact that you have the "right" to the break the law. But I see the angle you are looking at it. You have choice and you always want it to be there.

7. Odini

Odini What's a Dremel?

I'm happy to leave it at that as this is what I'm trying to get at. Whether or not it is actually a legal right doesn't change that it is a perceived one.

8. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

**** the MPA.
    They need to move with the times and make it easier to get genuine content then piracy which allows me to watch what I want, when I want, where ever I am with an internet connection.
    Go ahead, block newzbin (which I don't use) or any site and I'll simply redirect my traffic via proxy or vpn and access whatever I want. or another site will crop up ITS POINTLESS!!!
    Time for the media companies to understand the antiquated rip off consumer monopoly environments are dead and this is the age of content on demand whenever where ever.
    For instance, if Netflix was available worldwide with content added several days after first released on cable ie: HBO I would not pirate anything.

9. sofalover

sofalover What's a Dremel?

The only people that benefit, are the lawyers.

Like the war on drugs they don't want a proper solution while there is money to be made in the industry fighting the 'problem'.

We will always have access to warez, end of.

10. atlas

atlas What's a Dremel?

I don't think it's fair to try and make the ISP's the internet's censors.

11. gabe777

gabe777 What's a Dremel?

Or simply use one one of the other hundred NZB indexing sites out there.

OMG... how stoopid are these people ?

BT are so thick, that when they try to stop people accessing Rapidshare at peak times, all you nned to do, is use the HTTPS url... ie. simply add an "S" to each address you want.

Give me strength!

Tags: Add Tags