1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Budget, but trying to get something good

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by okenobi, 24 May 2012.

1. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

I'm overhauling my 5yr old S939 system finally and having already asked about an SSD (I'm getting an M4) I've just realised that I'll need a monitor, as my father will be taking my old one along with my old system.

As I don't anticipate doing tons of gaming, or photoshop initially, I was tempted to get something shash for £100. But having read Goodbytes epic thread and lots of other material all bloody night I'm wanting to get something good. If I had seen that Dell for £130 the other day, that would've been perfect. Alas, £170/180 is just too much. Can't justify it when the whole system is only costing £250 including an SSD!

So do I NEED IPS, or can I get away with LED TN? Shortlist so far:

LG IPS225V

Asus VS247H

Or possibly one of the Iiyama things on today only until 1400 today.

I'm concious of Goodbytes comments on LG and Dell in THE thread, and I'm not 100% about the Asus as it's more money, but for Sasha Muller at PCPro to say it's good is half the battle IMHO.

Please help guys! Need to push the button on this whole thing today....

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Out of the two, I'd personally opt for the 24" TN Panel at the budget end of the range.

I'd prefer the extra size to the great colours etc of IPS. That is ultimately the choice your going to have to make.

Do you prefer great colours and viewing angles, or would you prefer the extra size?

3. Parge

4. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

Size isn't really relevant, as if I want that, I'll plug it into my 32" TV (which my current does quite regularly) for watching movies and TV. Obviously bigger would be nicer, but it's not essential. Between those two, I'm thinking £20 is a lot of money when they both have crappy stands.

I'd love a Dell, but I can just stretch unless someone knows of a better deal somewhere else.

5. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

6. Parge