1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Budget Gaming Case?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Elliot_O, 6 Oct 2012.

1. Elliot_O

Elliot_O SPARROW

Budget: <£62

I am currrently looking at two cases,
    the Fractal Design Core 3000 and the Fractal Design Arc Mini.

Both seem pretty similar in size, however the core 3000 is about £7 cheaper on scan.
    Is it really worth spending the extra money on a case which seems to be exactally the same?

I liked the fact the core 3000 had two 140mm fans included aswell as a 120mm, whereas the Arc mini only has one 140mm and two 120mm fans.
    However I did like the Arc Mini's front usb 3.0, although I dont think it would get much use, if any, and four 2.0's may be more usefull.

The two cases seem almost identical in my opinion, and spending £7 more on nothing is pointless.

If you can bring light to anything I have missed, please do. Or if there are any other cases you have seen; I would love suggestions and opinions.

Thanks all,
    Elliot

Last edited: 6 Oct 2012
  2. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

There is also the R3, 66 quid on YoYoTech.
    Good case, plenty of space and a lot of HDD bays.

3. Elliot_O

Elliot_O SPARROW

Thanks, I will look into that. However I really don't want to be spending more than £62, Its a very tight budget and I need to keep build cheap, so i was just trying to save some extra cash on a cheaper case.
    I dont really need alot of HDD bays as I only have one 500gb HDD on my list, however I will upgrade in the future. I just need a very basic structurally sound case.

Thanks again though!

4. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

Last edited: 6 Oct 2012
  5. phoenixck

phoenixck What's a Dremel?

How about a CM 690 II? It's what I've just put my components into...... very roomy and very good build quality.

6. Elliot_O

Elliot_O SPARROW

Both cases look very nice, and a great price for the size.

My potential rig would be:
    I would prefer a case with sufficient fans allready installed (3 maybe?) and more slots to upgrade, and space enough for parts.
    Thanks again.

7. rollo

rollo Modder

Antec 100 gets great reviews and is cheap would be the case I'd be choosing for a budget build.

8. PorkChops

PorkChops What's a Dremel?

The antec one or 100 would be more than adequate for the build and would free up £15-20 to be spent elsewhere, I'd throw the extra cash at either an aftermarket cpu cooler or moving up to a 1Tb HDD, their price per gb is much better than 500gb units. The only thing you'd be missing out on from the fractal cases is a bit of sound dampening.

9. mikeyman198

mikeyman198 Lets pretend this is hilarious.

300R as well. Just ordered this case for my first build, shall hopefully report back when I build it.