1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Bugger- Torn between two cases :(

Discussion in 'Modding' started by MrBadidea, 5 Aug 2002.

1. MrBadidea

MrBadidea New Member

Damnit- why do I have to stumble upon a 2nd case that I really reaaaallly like just after I had finished making my mind up about where to go next :|

My original plan was to get a PC70 and get it Anodized black inside- but my plans were thwarted at the last minute (Thanks CyPHeR :p ) when I was given a link to this beastie: The ATC-410

So, my question to you: Who has had any experience with either of these cases and what did you think of them as-per the quality of them etc... (CyPHeR tells meh Lian Li are sheet basically (but then again he is mad ;) ) )

Bear in mind the watercooling stuffs is in the postie :)

2. mctoby

mctoby New Member

I have a PC-70 and I'm very happy with it, fantastic build quality and plenty of room inside for all your bits and bobbs.... the 410 seems like a very nice case as well but at almost twice the price is it worth it or arent you better of buying the pc-70 and lots of other little bits.. ?
    I dont think you would be disaspointed if you do get a pc-70.
    :lol:

3. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

i <3 my pc 71, and that coolermaster is just plain ugly.

4. George

George Bah

the ATC-410 is a really nice case.

Coolermaster ownz Lian. :D

.icecube

5. Qbank

Qbank New Member

i like the atc710 its a chieftec internal i think and that sort of case provices room and cooling space i tink you can put in 5 fans in it it sais 4 but with an extra purple tingy you can put 5 in

Last edited: 5 Aug 2002
  6. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

neither get a cardboard box and give me the money. I want a cm because everyone i know who lives near me has a lian li and they just looking the norm now. :)

7. macroman

macroman The One

I thought you bought a case because that was the one you wanted? :rolleyes:

8. barcode

barcode New Member

Don't worry mate, the lian li is a far superior case in build quality, other that what some people say ive witnessed some extremely shocking badly built coolermaster cases including the atc410 :S ....lian-li 0wns coolermaster... ;)

9. George

George Bah

coolermasters are built much better than the lians, you learn that in the basics. lians are really nice, just that coolermasters are better. :D

.icecube

10. funy

funy New Member

i second that, lan-li ownz - and that coolermaster one looks a bit ugly if you ask me

11. MrBadidea

MrBadidea New Member

To answer monsouir Macro- I really want to buy both cases but:
    A) How the feck could I use 2 :/
    and
    B) I can only afford one or the other

I wub them both just as much- its now just a case of which one fits meh needs best.

I leik the fact that with a few simple swaps the 410 can be converted into a Rackmount- something that I may have to do in the future due to the sheer number of computers in meh room- wack up some rackmountage and free up some floor space.

But then theres the fact that the Cm is much (or so it seems) smaller than the LL :/

12. macroman

macroman The One

Have you actually seen these cases in the flesh? If notthen I suggest you do. I used to think the LL looked dull and boring until I actually saw one for real.:eeek:

13. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

don't get it as it is so expensive compared to the chieftec case which is exactly the same but the front bezel is different

14. philth

philth New Member

Have you considered the cost? The coolermaster is £100 quid more expensive than the lian-li. Think of all the nice mods you could do for that amound of money.
    (plus there's the fact that the CM has an front panel, which are the most annoying things in the world)

Just my thoughs

philth

15. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

frontpanels are good as then you don't have to stealth/paint all your drives.

16. Sublime

Sublime New Member

My PC70-USB is awesome, but I dont know what luck you would have in anodizing the inside of the case. You would have to completely disassemble the case, including popping all the rivets. Plus, the anodizing could warp the thin material, leading to an illfitting reconstruction. I work in the metal field and had similar thoughts when I bought my case, but the realized that it would be more trouble than what it is worth.

17. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

popping rivets is a piece of the proverbial :)

i managed to do it one handed while taking pics with my digi cam. :D

18. MrBadidea

MrBadidea New Member

Macro- I would try and 'visit' these cases if it were not for the fact that I don't know anybody anywhere near here that has one, and nor does the fact that I live in the middle of nowhere help my chances :(

Hance my request for peoples experiences...

And to sublime- I will do it. It just a question of who when and how much :D

19. Sublime

Sublime New Member

Go for it. If it turns out well, I may even risk it, but right now, Im just too wimpy to take that chance. make sure you post some pics when youy get it done. Ill print them out and motivate myself to risk the demise of my $250 case. :D :lol:

20. MrBadidea

MrBadidea New Member

Been talking to the old man- he reckons it will be fine. Him being a Structural Engineer n'all :)