1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Build Advice ( I aint here to start a war )

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bloodburgers, 24 May 2013.

1. Bloodburgers

Bloodburgers Minimodder

Hi there

Recently my pc went belly up (spec below) i am in the midst of finding out what has caused the problem i am confident it is one of two things. 1 the PSU r 2 the motherboard.

Now i can get a replacement mobo for £40ish and that will keep me going. but i am half thinking is that a wise investment.

I could for £150 is quid rebuild the pc with a more up to date cpu ddr3 ram etc. Admittedly this would be a an Amd system for this price however as i really only use my my pc for gaming web browsing and things is a more powerful and costly Intel Chip worth it.

The Amd Chips seem to be getting some really good ratings in the sub £100 bracket. And i would imagine i would certainly see an improvement over my current cpu mobo combination.

i was thinking of something down the lines of THIS cpu

Mobo

RAM

2. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

the 6300 is a good value, go for it

take a look at the bit-tech marketplace though, you might be able to get a better deal if you're ok with buying used

3. dlf

dlf What's a Dremel?

Couldn't he take the PSU out of the case and take a multimeter and test weather the PSU is getting electricity or not? If it is then it'd be the motherboard I think.

4. LightningPete

LightningPete Diagnosis: ARMAII-Holic

One i wouldnt advise it - anything with electricity shouldnt be underestimated or attempted without specific knowledge
    Two i dont have a multi-meter like most folk lying around the house
    Three similar to my system its ageing. Capictors on PSUs age after awhile and their actual throughput decreases with time