1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Building a Media Center

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Xhiz, 17 May 2005.

1. Xhiz

Xhiz What's a Dremel?

Hey I was thinking of building myself a cheap media center but I can not find the right case.... I found a HiperMedia one but im not 100% sure on that because I can not find information or reviews on it so I don't know how many PCI space it has in the back and stuff.

Does anyone know a nice looking yet affordable media center case hopefully under £60?

Or does anyone have more information on the HiperMedia case I found... I found it on scan.co.uk - HiperMedia Chassis, Small Form Factor(AMD Validated) Matt Silver Finish, for Micro-Atx/Mini-Itx MoBo....

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

3. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

First off make sure youre using a very low rise heatsink-and preferably, a lower clocked, low heat production CPU in order to reduce the risk of the thing frying itself. Personally, I think an AMD Sempron 2600+ for socket 754 would fit the bill pretty well, combined with 512 megs of RAM and a nice big hard drive :)

4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

If its the case I've seen there, you'll need laptop sized drives. slimline optical & 2.5" HDD

5. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Certainly doesnt look that way to me :eyebrow:

6. bwgames

bwgames Minimodder

I can recommend this Chenbro PC805 one (http://www.chenbro.com.tw/product/product_preview.php?pid=76).
    Stick it on its side, and you have a nice media PC case. Its what I use :)

Get a black DVD drive, and it looks amazing.
    Can fit two HDDs in, a floppy or 3rd HDD, and a 5.25" drive. As well as a mATX mobo.

7. Xhiz

Xhiz What's a Dremel?

That is exactly what was going in, you read my mind :eeek: but a Socket A :D

Ill take a look on that review that you posted Bindibadgi and bwgames I had been looking at that case too but I wasn't quite sure.