1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Bulletstorm Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 22 Feb 2011.

1. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

BulletStorm is 1st person isn't it? And Dead Space 3rd person?

I always feel like I'm moving an action man around a game in 3rd person and feel disconnected from the charcacter - if he dies, no biggie, start again - like I felt in Dead Space, where-as in 1st person I feel more immersed. I haven't even played BS yet but I reckon it'll appeal to me more because I favour 1st person games.

2. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I'm up to Act 3.2 so far and it's been a riot.

3. morkfromork

morkfromork Minimodder

Verry enjoyable game. Can see myself getting bored after a while with the multiplayer part. Fun when there are 4 people who know each other playing not so much fun when you play with randoms as most do not work as a team.

Not played the single player much but the bit i did was a little slow hopefully it will pick up.

Not really sure the game is worth £25-£30 maybe £15- £20 max.

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Yup, enjoying it so far; macho and stupid - which is a good thing. Graphics are fine, no bugs that I've seen.

I'll agree with this.

5. morkfromork

morkfromork Minimodder

Have to say i have enjoyed the stupidness and the machoness of it also. Fun to play a game that you can just play and enjoy without to much thinking about.

6. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Tempted by this game but wheres the longevity?

7. morkfromork

morkfromork Minimodder

To be honest with you there is none. It's one of those games that will be fun for a while but then you'll get bored. That said i think it will be a game you can pick up anytime for a quick blast.

It's fun without having to think to much about what you doing.

8. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

It's not a bad game tbh, if you are after a bit of single-player fps action, although the lack of care given to the PC version is a bit evident. At least you can tweak the .ini files to make it run better. Binding the same key to 'use' and 'reload' is a bit bizarre though.

A lot of 'on-the-rails' type action, but it does look impressive in places. Definitely worth about £20 if you can pick it up cheaper than the suggested retail price.

9. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

I payed £25 for this and I've loved every second of that £25 so far. Completed main game on Normal in about 8 hours or so, and I'm looking forwards to the higher difficulties.

anarchy mode is what's keeping me interested in it though, 4 player co-op to get the highest amount of points, while having to reach a target before all the enemies are dead is great fun!

I'd give this game an 8, it looks and plays well!

10. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

They actually encrypted the .ini files with the first patch, so you have to download an .ini editor for it.

11. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Played and Completed Bullstorm this weekend on the hardest difficulty level. Must say it's one of the most fun FPS games I've played in a very long time!

I broke the game twice... Once when I ran off ahead of my AI counterparts because I was busy deciding that my shotgun does all talking for me and then at the end the last mission rebooted for no reason and exploded the internet lol.

Graphics ard fantastic
    Gonna be playing it again
    Who cares that i can't jump... I can slide tackle mutants into fly-traps and fans AND off ledges!

Game = Massive success

12. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

I agree with BRAWL, this is one of the enjoyable FPS games I've played in a long time too!

13. morkfromork

morkfromork Minimodder

Just completed the single player. Was an enjoyable game. Will i re play it but on the hardest setting Maybe not sure yet. Will play the multiplayer as thats fun. Hopefully they will bring out more maps and maybe some diffrent modes.

14. boggsi

boggsi What's a Dremel?

QFT. Please stop doing things with consoles bit-tech, nobody wants that.

15. iworld

iworld What's a Dremel?

I have played this game and finished it. Let me say that this game is a cross over of Serious Sam meets Gear of War (well kind off) This game is just RUBBISH. This has to be the dissapointment of the year so far as i expected a lot from this gae. Some of the aspects of the game are nice - with a giant monster, large wheel chase etc. However the rest of the game is very linear and does not offer asnything exciting. Just Cause 2 on the other hand is a brilliant game and even after completing the game at 25% i kept on playing till aroundd 73% of the game - that was really FUN!

Bulletstorm's AI is so predictable and sloppy, the weapons are not special, you shoot at enemies a number of times and they still fight you!. The game rewards you for special kills, - which at first seem okay but as the game develops - it is so boring and tedious. The story line is so crap and the dialogue belongs on a cheap low budget hollywood movie. The developers could have really done so muicyh more with this game - i can humbly say that all the first person shooters released before this game are far better - even Wolfenstein is better than this game and that was a dissapoint compared to the orginal 2001 game.

Save your money and get Crysis 2, Homefront, & Brink!

16. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

PC demo out.

17. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Shocking the number of console reviews on this website.

Tags: Add Tags