1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Bum cathode

Discussion in 'Modding' started by The Savior, 20 Oct 2002.

1. The Savior

The Savior What's a Dremel?

A few weeks ago I ordered a cathode kit from jab-tech (2 UV lights with an inverter), and all was good. One of the cathodes was a bit slow lighting up, especially in one spot, about an inch wide. I just got back from a vacation today, and now that bulb barely works at all. The light is only coming out of the first 4 inches of it, and the spot that used to be slowest now doesn't light at all. The problem isn't the inverter, I switched the connections and the same bulb was still bad. Is my bulb bad, or is there some tweak I can do to fix it?

2. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

Try lightly tapping the end of the cc that won't light fully :)

3. macroman

macroman The One

Sounds like a dodgy connection either at one enD of the cathode, (dimmest end), or where the wires go into the plug.

The effect you describe is usually caused by insufficient votage to the cathode.

4. Sh00ter

Sh00ter What's a Dremel?

i had this prob when i hooked 2 tubes to one inverter, have u tried just running the one tube from it? it worked for mine and i now have an inverter for each tube:clap:

5. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

sounds like the gas inside the cathode is leaking out
    ive seen it happen with neon bulbs before, and i have also seen it on a cathode before

6. bust0aster

bust0aster What's a Dremel?

funny how everyone has a different answer. i have no idea whats wrong but i thought it was funny how many different problems people thought it was.

7. Sky Hacker

Sky Hacker What's a Dremel?

Bah, if it a bad product you might as well send it back, rather then spend you time and effort somthing that might not work anyways..

Dont you Hate It When That Happends.... :wallbash: