1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Bungie - we "screwed up" Halo 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 25 Jan 2007.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 New Member

Haha.. awesome :hehe:

3. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Halo is utterly nondescript.

Halo cost me Oni 2, which could have been fantastic.

It is not to be forgiven.

Phil

4. TheSaladMan

TheSaladMan New Member

Damn right, after they've finished with Halo 3 they'd better get started on a next gen Oni, I loved that game.

5. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Well Halo 2 was awful, I liked the multiplayer, but the single player campaign was pretty dire compared to what they showed us before. It's good they've finally came out and admitted it wasn't up to scratch.

6. Vash-HT

Vash-HT New Member

I am happy they admitted it, I loved Myth and Myth 2, adn I wish there was a chance for a new Myth game, but even if that happened it'd prolly be on the 360 only. I played Halo 1 a lot with my friends who were obsessed with it, and I was never impressed. Halo 2 wasn't much better imo, the only thing i really lked was the addition of vehicles that could actually be destroyed.

BTW, you say Halo 2 is still the most popular Live game, but I thought Gears was now the most played Live game? I swear i read something about it on gamespot a while back about it surpassing Halo 2 in terms of number of people playing.

7. Snaek

Snaek New Member

This gives me hope for Halo 3.

8. Breach

Breach Modding in Exile

I think it is courageous that they can admit that they were not happy with their product and are in tune in some ways with Halo fans who criticized the game a bit. Hopefully that will be fuel for Halo 3 to be the best ever.

9. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

Way back when, they did mention their time constraints in Halo 1. That's how they justified the Library level and repeating levels. It was a fantastic game though. I don't have an Xbox so no Halo 2 for me =(.

In recognizing their faults, they might correct them the third time around.

10. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I thought Halo 2 was brilliant, short, but brilliant, it had new skills within, eg, dual wielding, however, despite having 15/16 levels and 14/15 (cant remember) playing levels they were way way too short. The campaign levels were to small and you hardly did anything in them. What would be good for bungie to do is have Halo 3 on 2 disks, Disk one is non stop campaign, with huge landscapes and masses of destruction and mindless slaughter or Grunts, with Disk too devoted to Multiplayer, and more mindless destruction. However, i think it is good for a company to admit a flaw in something, well done Bungie, and good luck with Halo 3.

Sam

11. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

I can't decide if I agree with that first part or not. It may be a programmer's attempt to do an end run around his bosses and either will get us a better game next time or get him fired.- which is admittedly a courageous move but I'd feel better if the people setting the deadlines admitted the error - then again at least it's not Duke Nukem Whenever :)

12. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

it is mighty brave for them to say this.
    i hope Halo 3 rocks

13. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

Halo 3 had better have that phase they said Halo had that Halo 2 didn't...I have high hopes for Halo 3, I hope it lives up to them.

14. saeghwin

saeghwin New Member

Finally someone admits it! I grew tired of the multiplayer component and all of its flaws after about a week, while my friends continued to play it for months and months.

The single player, that's not even worth mentioning.

15. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

The multiplayer is OK, purely because of the amount of people that play it. I thought the single player was terrible though, and never bothered to complete it.

16. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Halo was a good game, Halo 2 was more like an expansion pack. It gave new features but no good story, no really new mechanics, but I deem it better than Halo 1 because the multiplayer was way more fun with more weapons and dual wielding. Halo 3 should be good, but what more can it really be other than better looking?

Think of Ratchet and Clank. (you may think it's lame but I love those games) It was good in #1, #2 owned everything, #3 was different but playable, #4 was odd short pointless and not worth it (thankfully I borrowed it before buying. Beat in one day) Halo seems to be much the same. Don't expect much after #3

17. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

Sounds more like they are hyping Halo 3 by saying how rubbish Halo 2 was (it still was very popular) and implying how much better Halo 3 is going be as they had the "time to polish it up".

18. tuteja1986

tuteja1986 New Member

Old news

Well if you would have seen the Halo 2 documentary on that was in the limited edition of Halo 2 you would see the anger and depression of not having enough time to finish the game or even test it. They had a scene where they were scrunching up paper of design they wanted in the game but never had the time to implement.

19. ikra

ikra New Member

see... halo 2 was a good game, halo 3 will be even better. But yes, i think they just wanted press... :D but the guys did well, so they will again this time.

20. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan New Member

so.... what about a refund then?

Tags: Add Tags