1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burnout Revenge! (PS2/Xbox)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Guest-16, 22 Sep 2005.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Wooticles! A new Burnout for the Xbox! I cant wait and it's out TOMORROW :D:D (or at least in the next few days). Burnout 3 was so awesome, so much fun to play multiplayer. It's like the Goldeneye of the Xbox; 4 mates on that = hours of fun.
    Anyone else gettin it?

2. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Definatly,but for the PS2 :eyebrow:

I have always been a fan of the last 2 burnouts, the first was crap. The sheer fun of trying to create the worst mayhem and destruction was totally fun! The boosts in the races are a thrill too, especially over ramps!

However, I don't have a TV to plug my PS2 in right now :waah:

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Component lead + VGA adapter = teh win.

Got one for my cube and xbox, VGA adapter on the way from lik-sang, ill let you know how it turns out.

Burnout 2 was naff compared to the king that was 3, never played 1.

4. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Got an adaptor, but it doesn't work, got a TV card, but the computer ain't built yet, got a couple mates on my floor at uni who's got a ps2 and TV though.

5. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Let us all know what it's like, bindi :) After playing the first three, the last one's definately the best. Even got the wife hooked on playing the crash scenes, trying to best each other's scores.

6. FredsFriend

FredsFriend What's a Dremel?

Definately be gracing my XBOX in the next few days 3 was hotter than a shaved stoat dipped in tiger balm

7. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Noooo!! My eyes are still recovering from Burnout 3. No single other thing on earth has the ability to completely stop me blinking for minutes at a time..... until this!

It's meant to be pretty good on PSP too.

8. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

My girlfriend's just been shopping to tesco and got me it as a suprise, but im off out to work now till about midnight so I won't be able to play on it till later :(

9. FredsFriend

Did you ever play three while drunk and driving the indy car at full speed?
    That made my visoin go blurry.
    Even worse on the five indy races after the other misson. Pain

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

She got a hot sister?? Jeees man, a chick that buys you games, the right games too; that's so sweet it's almost incomprehensible.

11. hudzoid

hudzoid Minimodder

just got it on xbox, first impressions brillant game.

12. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Yeah it's awesome. I love the way you can smash through the traffic that's going in the same direction as you :D

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That's great :D but it's back to linear burnout 2 stylee menu system :( not the world map like #3 which is a step backwards.

14. mushky

mushky gimme snails

I didn't like the world map menu style. That's another plus for me. The music could be a bit more "ranged" in my opinion. Also the loading times are pretty bad, even playing off the hard drive.

Thank God they have done away with the multipliers in crash mode. The target car thing is much better, but I'm still not sure I like having to hit a specific target. I'd rather it was purely damage based.

15. K

K 528491

I had a quick blast in Gamestation and I was a bit miffed at the lack of world map thingy as I quite liked that. I also could not find a single player Road Rage option like before. When I want a quick go, I just go for a single player Road Rage without going into the world tour mode and all that stuff. Hmph.

Driving into same-direction traffic is fantastically satisfying.

16. mushky

mushky gimme snails

I think traffic attack is this seasons road rage.

17. FredsFriend

Traffic attack is the best new addition absolutely genius, you can do on for hours

Tags: