1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Busted Laptop, white screen other problems

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by mattthegamer463, 24 Mar 2008.

1. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

My sisters Toshi Satellite Pro 4600 has begun to fail very strangely, it refuses to turn on 95% of the time. You press the power button, the power light comes on, but no fans, no HDD, no screen, just a single LED. If I remove the battery and repeatedly pull the plug and press the power button it will turn on eventually. I can't figure out if its a special sequence to start it, like holding the power button while plugging it in. I'm unable to tell if it can boot as the OS is gone.

I ripped the thing down to its base to see if anything was shorting it out, as one of the hindges snapped off the frame maybe some metal bits got in the circuits. The problem is the same but now the screen goes all white as soon as it turns on.

Anyone have any idea what could cause this? I'm relatively uncaring about the system, but I'm always looking for a new Picture Frame candidate.

2. mcg1sean

mcg1sean What's a Dremel?

Im not sure about the whole power issue...sounds like maybe some internal connection to either the power switch or the power jack is loose or busted. As for the white screen problem, best guess would be that whilst ripping it apart you probably bumped the connector to the screen.