1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Buy From Scan or Overclockers UK? HELP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rainbowfication, 4 Jul 2011.

1. facwit

facwit What's a Dremel?

I'm a Scan fan man

2. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Could you direct us to the etailer that does not have any poor reviews from a single person?

Oh wait, it doesn't exist...

3. darren1678

darren1678 What's a Dremel?

overclockers uk also use dpd, but go with scan anyways

dpd is awesome last two deliveries, one today the other on saturday arrived exactly on time as promised ;)

4. Ady6UK

Ady6UK Feck Off

I order from both Scan and Overclockers. I've rma'd to both before and it has been in Overclockers favour for service. However that is just my experience with them and I will continue to use both companies and as you honestly point out Ph4ZeD, life's not perfect and some things are beyond our control. If either has what you want in stock and it's a good price it doesn't really matter who you use.

5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I've used Scan and Overclockers many times.

After sales with Scan has been great.

The one time I had an issue with Overclockers, they failed miserably; so much so that I won't buy from them anymore.

6. rainbowfication

rainbowfication What's a Dremel?

hi thanks for all the advice,

the hardware just sitting there just tempted me to get it from OcUK most of my hardware is from scan and offer a great service so far and delivery from OcUK is coming today to complete my build this is my first build hope all goes well

7. Virt

Virt What's a Dremel?

Are you going to be taking pictures and such of your build as you're doing it? :) That's always nice to read. :thumb:

8. BrightCandle

BrightCandle What's a Dremel?

OCUK is fine if you buy something that works. If you have to RMA it for any reason you are in for a world of hurt. I've never been so close to taking a company to court before as I have with OCUK, they were completely unreasonable and acting illegally. I had to prove the part didn't work by getting it tested by another company (Yoyotech in this case) due to their inability to test using a written set of instructions, which after testing CPU, RAM and motherboard cost me £45.

What did OCUK do with the faulty motherboard I returned? Stuck it back on the shelf for some other poor soul to get.

On the other hand I've had to RMA with scan fair less frequently (likely due to the above shocking behaviour from OCUK causing a lot more failed parts on their stock) and every time its been simple and by the book.

So while OCUK regularly has good deals on certain items I'll never shop there again. Its not like its once they caused me grief either, over the years they have caused me problems on pretty much every order, with the last one being completely dreadful. In the end they cost me far more than I ever saved on their marginally lower prices.

9. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

My parents very luckily bought an item from OcUK using a Tesco credit card. A limited edition BFG card was DOA and they sat on the card refusing to replace or refund, saying they were waiting for a replacement from BFG that was quite obviously never going to arrive as it was a LIMITED edition card. A few months later my parents had to use Tesco to squeeze them to get a refund. If they had paid via a debit card, the only option would have been court.

10. BrightCandle

BrightCandle What's a Dremel?

Reseller ratings has quite a lot of reviews of both companies. To save you the trip I'll give you the scores as of right now:
    Scan.co.uk = 10/10 on 137 reviews
    overclockers.co.uk = 0/10 on 108 reviews

Says it all really!

11. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

I have never bought anything from OCUK, based on bad comments from others. I've been buying PC hardware for years and never had a problem with Scan or eBuyer.

There's no reason to use OCUK.

12. sakzzz

sakzzz Minimodder

I am currently have a bad time with scan..:blah:
    Had a thread here as well as MSI forums..quite a few ppl pitched in with suggestions..but the system behaved erratically.. Sent all the major items to them with instructions on how to test as well as a link to the threads..
    Get a reply saying.. Parts tested.no fault found..
    Gr8.. Replied to them, telling them to tell their engineer to have a good look at the threads I posted..cause there is an issue with some component 110%..
    This is the 2nd week... Still waiting for them to give a definitive reply....... :sigh: My bad

13. Stem83

Stem83 Addicted to modding.

I have used a lot of companies and I find scan to be the best, i assume thats why they win every year!

Plus there is one pro you missed... scansure, if YOU break something during install it will get replaced. You could build ur pc on a roof and drop the part and you would probably still be safe. lol. scan for the win everytime.

14. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

Never had a order yet from scan that went without a flaw, I don't recommend them but thats just me personally they seem to have a good rep I just seem to be unlucky overclockersuk are great friendly staff and sort things out as soon as they can.

15. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

Aria are a complete (choose expletive) to deal with RMA. They sent my faulty motherboard back twice saying nothing wrong. I eventually insisted it was returned to Gigabyte for testing who found the fault and the board came back. Aria refused to pay my own postage costs (£18) and the two lots of postage I had to pay them (£14) to return the board as despite their terms and conditions. £32 out of pocket for something they should have sorted initially.

They have broken their own terms and I went to my local trading standards who said they would persue my case if I wanted to. If I get no joy in the next week they can have it. I will never ever buy from them again and I know I have cost them over £1300 of business in the last 2 months as I have directed three friends to go to Ebuyer and Scan to get their components for me to build their new pcs.

Both Scan and Ebuyer have been superb with the 2 RMAs I have had to send to each of them.

16. MarkW7

MarkW7 Total Noob

Anycomputershopthatexists > OCUK

17. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

If you want one of Hazro's new monitors you don't really get any choice.

18. Buck_Rogers25

Buck_Rogers25 Minimodder

I've used both over the years, but I tend to get things from OCUK most times, really just cause the after service is better if you ever have to RMA. Having said that I use scan to, and the delivery and order processing from Scan os bloody awesome.

If you can't wait OCUK are fine, is you can, Scan.

19. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Meanwhile I have used Overclockers for countless orders and never had a problem..... (yes this includes the inevitable RMA).

I have actually not had any real issues with any of the sites I have ordered from. Scan have been crap in the past (a 7900GX2 is NOT a 7950GX2) but they have been fine recently.

It does make me wonder sometimes how different people can have such different experiences with the same company. :confused:

20. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

Novatech customer here, over the years i have had to rma twice and there after sales support have been second to none