1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Equipment Buying a new camera?

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by charlesbeams, 29 Jan 2010.

1. charlesbeams

charlesbeams TRANCEFORMer

http://www.trustedreviews.com/digital-cameras/review/2010/01/22/Nikon-CoolPix-S640/p1 (found for £150)

http://www.trustedreviews.com/digital-cameras/review/2009/04/28/Fujifilm-FinePix-F200-EXR/p1 (found for £155)

These are two that im considering, but im struggling to decide.

I guess im fairly new to photography, when ive had cameras before ive just pointed and shot. I would like to get into it more though, and it will give me something to do.

I'd prefer something that would fit in my pocket to be honest, but i wouldnt rule out something else if anyone has any suggestions?

Also budget is £200 at most.

cheers.

2. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

Have look through some of the older threads to see some of the advise that had been posted. It's fairly consistent, if not on the models, then certainly in the general ideas in what to look for in a P&S and how to use them.

Why these 2? what about them made you whittle down a market of about 3 dozen to these 2? I'm asking, because it helps to know what criteria you are looking at to make your choices. Stating a budget and a want of a new camera doesn't help me to tell you where to look.

And this will help you more then trusted reviews.

3. charlesbeams

charlesbeams TRANCEFORMer

After looking around i ended up getting a Casio Exilim EX-Z1080 for £68, yes its 2nd hand, but i think it'll do for now.

Cheers for that link though, as it'll probably help if i ever decide to get something a little better at some point.