1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Buying motorcycle advice

Discussion in 'General' started by jaguarking11, 13 Mar 2006.

1. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

Well I have been thinking of buying a motorcycle. I want something decent. But there are a fiew questions I want to ask of you guys first.

I want something thats reliable. I dont realy care about brand. But I dont want an old lady looking thing.

Now my questions.

What would isnurance cost in NY?

And whats a good deal on a decent bike? And how many miles is considered over the top on bike?

Any sugestions and help woulp would be apreciated.

2. Ab$olut

Ab$olut What's a Dremel?

go jap and you can't go wrong yamaha,honda,suzuki only kawasaki I have found unrelaible but with any of those makes just make sure its been looked after and look after it yourself and should be fine.Personally though i'd go for honda or yamaha. :D

3. babychaos

babychaos What's a Dremel?

Most bikes have a service period of 4,000 miles, with a major service every 4th one (i.e. engine taken apart etc). Check the service history of anything you buy, as an unserviced bike is liable to have been ragged half to death. For reliability most people go for Honda, but it depends on what tpye of bike you are looking for...

Dunno about the US, but you can get a good idea of 2nd hand bike prices from places like www.biketrader.co.uk

What do you consider an "old lady looking thing"? Different people have different tastes...

BC

4. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

Thanks for the info.

As for style. Pretty mutch anything stereotypical of little teens making noise around the neighberhood is out the question. I also like a more sedated look and agresive road bikes are not my style. I was looking at old yamaha bikes. I also looked at kawasaki bikes but they are mostly dirt bikes and atv's.

Tags: