1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Bye bye, Lik-Sang

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 24 Oct 2006.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. bloodcar

bloodcar Active Member

As said before in the other thread, this is the last straw on this camel's back. Sure I'm only one man who will refuse to buy any Sony products but there's many, many more out there like me. The general response from the gaming community? "This is ****ing bull****!"

I guess Sony's slogan for the PS3 should be "Play Beyond....just not beyond your country's borders or with an import console." GG Sony, GG.

3. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I'd already decided against buying a PS3, but now it goes further and I won't be spending another penny on Sony products either. From the looks of the other thread (and I'm sure across the board) there be a big Sony boycott heading this way.

4. TomD22

TomD22 New Member

That's terrible :(

Their service when i bought my psp ahead of the euro launch was really good. A great shame to see them gone, considering how badly the EU usually loses out on big releases :(

5. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Active Member

Bye Bye, PS3 in November in Europe instead of January...

Also, for the power adaptors, the $ony (PSP for example) ones are 100-240V 50/60 Hz.
    So you can use them ANYWHERE in the world.
    PS3 : "play b3yond, but stay in your country."

6. kye

kye New Member

I make a note not to buy sony products and dont recommend them. This just reminds me why i do that, and why sony should slowly die.

7. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Wow I thought it wasn't possible to not like sony any more than I already do but they've gone a proved it wrong.

It's a real shame to see Lik-Sang gone, they were a great company that sold not only import stuff but also some of the more unusual stuff for consoles that was a bit harder to find elsewhere.

8. BioSniper

BioSniper New Member

/me sheds a tear for my favourite importer of hard to find (atleast cheap) items like metal dance mats. We shall miss thee lik-sang :waah:

9. Omnituens

Omnituens New Member

My wireless adpator that i used in my wireless guitar hero controller came from them, the only place i could find the device.

I was hoping to order some more do put onto some friends controllers... :(

Damn you, Sony.

10. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Wicked company. Bought my Japanese PSP from there and a bunch of games, good service and good at answering badly spelt emails from excited geeks like me.

Sad shame to see it go.

11. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Indeed. I won't be buying Sony stuff now at all. As I said in the other thread, if anyone can think of anything good to write to their MP, post it up here and many people can send something similar to our own MP's. That's what the suits are for afterall.

12. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

consumer safety, what a load of ****ing bollocks.

I'm normaly quite reserved on this forum but this news has got me so angry, i hated sony before but now i can't put my contempt towards them into words.

13. Zidane

Zidane New Member

well, i can honestly say i have been converted. i have always been a Sony fanboy and always reccomended sony, thats just changed. if sony are so eager to protect their ps3, they can keep it all nicely protected in their warehouse, cause my money is going on a wii

(and as much as i now hate sony, i'm still not gonna buy an xbox :p, i'm still a linux fanboy)

14. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

Nail in the coffin of me ever buying another sony product. Well done sony.....

Bunch of muppets

15. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

16. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

I will be proud never to own a sony product again. Complain with your credit cards people. :)

EDIT: In two weeks i was going to buy a Sony T9 digicamera, any suggestions for an alternative?

17. Omnituens

Omnituens New Member

one of the Nikon L series, good cameras.

18. Drexial

Drexial New Member

if your looking for the ultra compact that that one has, casio has some decent ones that do quite well for themselves. if your ok with something a little thicker, then i recommend a canon. i would further recommend something like the SD800 from canon. that would be your best option.

ive seen sony's decline over the last 6-7 years and it just hit a lower lever then i thought they were capable of. lik-sang had EVERYTHING there wasn't a device made that they didn't at least have a place holder for and information on. they will be missed.

Sony can blow me....

19. Warrior_Rocker

Warrior_Rocker Holder of the sacred iron

Sony, what the hell happened to you producing a good quality product and not being a jerk to everyone about it. Who does sony really think they are? Obviously they think they are big enough to squash out the little guy... turns out they were right. Have we the consumer created a monster by casting our dollar votes for sony and not another company? :duh:

20. aggies11

aggies11 New Member

Shame on You lik-sang, shame on you for actually giving consumers what they want at fair prices.

Ugh thanks Sony. I love lik-sang, and have spent countless $$$'s on tons of wacky/usefull products that you just can't find in North America (easily at least).

Does Sony even have a PR firm anymore? Do they release that it stands for Public Relations, not Public Raping? *sigh*

Aggies

Tags: Add Tags