1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows C&C3 - Brutal Enemy, beatable?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Paolo, 17 Jun 2007.

1. Paolo

Paolo What's a Dremel?

Hey Guys,

Well, the gaming moments of the first couple weeks of my holiday season were spent enjoying the utter cheese that was the cut scenes from the newest installment from the lovely command and conquer universe, Tiberium wars.

After completing all three campaigns I thought I'd have a go at skirmishes, started off with the classic 'Medium', decimated in 10 minutes, 'Hard' took about 20, two hards about the same time. Then came the 'Brutal'.

I think I lasted about five minutes each time before the CPU decided it would tank rush me with everything it had, which might have been survivable if the waves had stopped, but it was just a constant flow! I later discovered that (bearing in mind we'd only had five minute games) the CPU was drawing in over $26,000 a minute, compared to my.... $3,000?!

Anyone else got any comments/tips to help me out here, I find it a bit depressing to walk all over two hard enemies only to be humiliated by one brutal :) Latest patch and all that, so I'm guessing it's as balanced as it's going to be for a while!

Cheers,
    Paolo

2. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

The AI in C&C 3 is awsomely difficult, especially on Brutal, the key to it all is the income, this has been the key in all Command and Conquers, but this shows it more. You will need to get a few Refineries, as well as harvesters, and keep practising it, also, try having several Hard AI with say 1 Brutal AI, if you manage to defeat them all, then you know you have done something right :thumb:
    Good Luck Commander.

Sam

3. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Agreed, income is king. Starve the AI of any bit fields early and all is good.
    I don't even build any army until late into the game.

4. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

I'm not sure if they fixed this yet - but one trick to building an income fast is to plant a refinery, wait for a harvester to come out, then sell it, and plant another.

Free Basic Ground Troops!

5. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

^ Doesn't work anymore. The sell-back credits for refs now is only 300 credits. Better off just building 2 refs and keeping them for longer games so you have more points for harvesters to unload.

It's gonna be hard. I've not bested the Brutal AI yet. They get double the credits per drop, making their economy basically double yours.

6. Jemburula

Jemburula What's a Dremel?

Gah, gone are the days of actually making the artificial intelligence, intelligent. I yearn for the day when AI bests a human in tactics without having twice the resources or unit stats.

7. Butcher9_9

Butcher9_9 What's a Dremel?

its all about stopping them taking over the world , they'll be done for when they realize they don't get double credits in really life

8. Paolo

Paolo What's a Dremel?

Sounds like beating a brutal is possible after all then! I've had another couple of goes since starting the thread, and I think I'm up to about 12 minutes now!

The trouble being you have to concentrate on about 6 areas of the map at once while still producing the right types of units against a player that gets double your res, I love this game! :(

9. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

The cnc AI cheats. Map hack, money hack, the list goes on. The AI is a bit of joke really. Do yourself a favour Paolo, once E"Igotyourmoneyznow,kthxbin00bs"A bothers to fix the bugs, go online and play real humans.

Tags: