1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide Cable Braid Size Guide

Discussion in 'Modding' started by loply, 8 Jan 2003.

1. comprocket

comprocket What's a Dremel?

2. Sea Shadow

Sea Shadow aka "Panda"

You can undo the connectors. You need some needle nose pliers and some really small flathead screwdrivers (.9mm or a 1.2mm should work fine).

What you do is if you look very closely at the ends of the connectors you can see little tabs. What you do is slide a flathead up underneath the tab (just enough to raise it up a little). Then take the needle nose pliers and pinch the tab you just raised and the top part of the connector. it should lift it right out. Do the same for the other side. Then carefully peel off the cable of the connector (it is best if you mark which way it was facing and which end was which, i used a permanent marker and made little dots on the cable and connector). Then slice your cable or fold it up. Do not expose wiring or you will regret it, and if you decide to slice the cable do so lengthwize (please use common sense) and DO NOT slice the cable where the connector attaches. Then fold it up and put your tubing over it. Once done take your connector and put it back on the cable EXACTLY as it used to be. Then take the little plastic tab you removed eariler and put it back on the connector and press on it till you hear a slight click of the tab catching on the connector again. You should have a nice and round cable.

I would post pics but I dont have a place to host them, sorry.

3. dannyqball

dannyqball What's a Dremel?

http://www.xoxide.com/sleevingkits.html

This is where I got my sleeving kit, they are in the US, cheap and they delivered in two days.
    I haven't started on my management yet, I'm still looking for a thread on how to shorten or lengthen cables so I can get all my fan cables together and how to route them in the case to look nice. I have to be carefull cause I have an all acrylic case so no matter where the cables are you are going to see them.

4. invader crack

invader crack What's a Dremel?

would split loom size's be close to these??? just curious as its a popular choice aswell :hip:

5. alter_ego

alter_ego What's a Dremel?

is it possible to get chrome sleeving from any retailers in the uk, because ive emailed printasleeve but had no reply. thanks.

6. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

while split loom is around the same sizes and easier to apply, it's just plain fugly.

Tags: