1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Cable sleeving Help

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Blackfish23, 25 Feb 2005.

1. Blackfish23

Blackfish23 Minimodder

I want to cable sleeve my ATX cable from my tagan 480W PSU.

The largest sleeving i have doesn't fot over the ATX block, so i need to remove it. However its damn near impossible to push the pins in either side of each wire that keep them in place. Can anyone tell me how to get them out as it must have been done before?

The other option is un soldering each wire from the PCB of the PSU, which im quite reluctant to do is this a good idea though??

Also, i could cut each wire, put the sleeving on then solder each wire back together, but will this result in bad performance?

Help please!!

2. Arjan

Arjan What's a Dremel?

You can buy a special ATX pin remover tool try with some small things tu press the pins in.

3. unrealhippie

unrealhippie What's a Dremel?

staple, open up and one in each side on the pin to depress tabs. Will slide out.

4. Longtalltechsan

Longtalltechsan What's a Dremel?

You can cut and resolder the wires. I have never had luck removing the ATX pins. I cut all the wires on my atx cable and added about 15" to them and then soldered them and sleeved. You will not lose any performance unless you use a smaller wire. I used 16 gauge I think. I have not had any problems.

5. fleet

fleet What's a Dremel?

we offer a tool kit that removes the pins from the block, what size sleeving are you trying to put over the block 1/2" works,. cutting and re soldering in my opionion isnt very neat.

6. robbins1940

robbins1940 Banned

I had a atx tool. Still couldn't remove the pins. Infact I ended up breaking the prongs on the tool.

David

7. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

some one posted on here someplace about using the ink bit out of a biro. i'll see if i can find it.

Edit: found it

8. cc rass

cc rass What's a Dremel?

That is for molex removing. Atx has diffrent ends so that won't work.

9. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Yeah i wasted alot of money on one of those, and they never worked. They should get pulled from the market cuz they suck.