1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Cable taps into wiretap law

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dad, 17 Mar 2004.

1. vs9

vs9 What's a Dremel?

I think you're talking about the movie "The Siege"... where they removed an entire minority from population and locked them up or something...

2. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

Thank you, but reguardless, if you move to another car, you're still ****ed when the train crashes...

3. johnwilliams474

johnwilliams474 Banned

i know hell with bush running im suprized we havent had another world war unless you think what happened over seas is world war 3

4. Darkside

Darkside What's a Dremel?

I'm also sick of all the "big brother" crap we are gradually being forced to accept as part of our daily lives. I don't do anything to warrant being watched, and I object to being scrutinised for no good reason. The whole thing is getting out of hand..... example : a parking fine I got a few weeks back.... not from a traffic warden, but becauase I was seen on a CCTV camera !!! I had pulled into a loading bay to answer my phone !! Would have been better off just talking on the move :duh:

I really think we're on a one-way ticket to a police state, and there's no way to get off this farce of a train.

Darkside.

5. johnwilliams474

johnwilliams474 Banned

man there are cameras every were i go i while back i trained my self how to spot hidden cameras and all cameras now im so parinoyed i notice cameras every were im not kidding i walked in to a restraunt the other day and spotted 5 securitty cameras i thought damn they must really like watching people eat im sick of this crap im going to make a emp (i think its called)generator that will stop the cameras rom working or something

6. Dogg

Dogg What's a Dremel?

It is because the 'people in charge' fear change. They see the internet and are scared. People can do whatever they want, whenever they want, in a virtual realm. The fear is simply that someone might start something that cannot be stopped (whatever it might be) -- and the people in charge can't do anything about it because it is not a 'physical' thing.

It's similar to flashmobs (random spurts of people gathering and doing stupid things for no apperent reason) .. the police are scared of them just because there is a possibility that something bad could happen (although usually its something stupid like everyone gathering at a monument, pulling a rubber ducky out of their pocket and squeeking it, then going home.)

But yeah, big brother sucks. The only reason they can get away with what they want is there is no major political faction (or one that can do anything) that is based on defending the internet and its natural freedom.

Eh, maybe their should be one. :idea:

Tags: Add Tags