1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Call Of Duty 2 Demo

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mookboy, 27 Sep 2005.

1. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Just finished it first go on the hardest setting...

... in other words it's unreal how easy it is. For some odd reason now you have a Masterchief like ability to absorb near fatal damage, and then be able to "heal" again by simply hiding in a corner for a few moments. Tre odd.

Graphics look terrific (as expected) with everything on high, whilst still maintaining a good fps. Sound is pretty bland though, although thats more due to the fact I'm now so used to all the SFX these WW2 shooters have.

Aside from that, it's almost identical gameplay-wise to CoD with nothing initially surprising in that department.

Hopefully the full version will have a bit more of a challenge in it.

2. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

3. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

currently at 73% downloading! my favourite game of all time, just got a whole lot better! im glad that infinity ward is back though, whoever did finest hour messed it up big time.

4. dom_

dom_ --->

go into the side gate next to the mg some guy is crouching infront of it

5. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

Mookboy: have you tried Brothers in Arms yet mate? I found that very much more challenging because it requires tactical play, not just a keen eye. The demo is out, so give it a go

6. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

yea i figured thats what you had to do, but it wouldnt open and i couldn't find anyway in there :\
    guess its just bugged, might start the level again from the beginning

7. dom_

dom_ --->

use the big gun things, to shoot things then go upto the other soldier using one and order him to do something, press f

should get opened

8. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

nope i did that, started again from the beginning and it was open when i got there tho :)
    is it just me or is the lack of a health bar incredibly annoying

9. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

are you serious!?! i hate games with no health bar. without it, i dont know when i can go running into gunfire worry free or when to hide under a tank or something.

10. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Yeah I loved Brothers In Arms. Although some of it was a little frustrating.

I really don't like the health bar thing in CoD2. I played the demo again and it allows you to be too much like Rambo even on the hardest settings. Time the run right, and you can rush any machine gun position in the demo, find cover, recover your health after a few moments, and then mow down the enemy. Either the AI needs to be harder or the bullets need to do more damage to balance it out. Having said that, without a keyboard and mouse, playing this on the 360 could be a different experience altogether and this system might seem to make more sense I suppose.

11. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Isnt the health "bar" your blood shot eyes?
    anywhome, yes its far too easy, my girlfriend even completed it lol.

12. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

Well it isn't that bad... just a bit "unusual" that you just have to lay down to regenerate or what ever...
    But you know when you shuld seek cover, because the screen will "blur" and turn red if you'r exposed to long to enemy fire...
    (anyway you can hold out A LOT of bullets)
    As for Brothers in Arms: I dont like that game, cus only the first levels are
    "really" challenging, after that all you have to do to win is flank left...flanke right...over and over again...dead boooring! And your soldiers shoote like blind people...(no offense to them)

13. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

hmmmm, i only had the blur + red and message to hide once
    first time through when i was running across where the first MG was
    however i got killed numerous times without anything like that

14. buzz_lips

buzz_lips What's a Dremel?

Dowmloading this now, is it very scripted?

15. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Very. Not quite Virtua Cop, but it's getting dangerously close.

Play Brothers In Arms some more. The bit when you have to blow up the glider poles in an open field criss-crossed by German machine gun nests is one of the best bits of any WW2 shooter I've played. BiA's main advantage over the likes of MoH and CoD is the wider, more open levels and the scope for completion in a couple of directions/ways.

Incidentally the 360 version of this is threatening a 64 player online mode. Like... what?!

16. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Ohh blood shot eyes, either I'm too good or the game is too easy, but that never happened to me in the whole ten minutes the demo takes to complete.

Other than it looking good, I preffer the original CoD...

17. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

Killed? How the hell did you manage that :p

I also found the demo ridiculously easy, but that's just more of the same isn't it? COD wasn't exactly challenging, just very very well made, and hopefully this will be as well made.

18. buzz_lips

buzz_lips What's a Dremel?

Also found this easy :( But I guess it's only a pre release demo so hopefully the real deal will be a little better. Didn't really think the graphics were all that either and played with everything tuned on at 1600 x 1200

I never got on with BIA don't know why - might have to give it another go....

19. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

seriously i got killed so many times, it was like there was some sniper out there with an uber 1-hit kill bullet
    i got killed a few times when you have to clear the guys from the artillery gun things, just stuck my head out to shoot some more people after reloading and bang dead
    then it happened again at the MG bit after doing the radio, stuck my head out to shoot the MGer and got hit once and died
    this happened 5 or 6 times, so confusing :(

20. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

I thought it was far too scripted and incredible easy. I hope the demo isn't an indication of what the actual gameplay is like.

Looked good though.

Tags: