1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Call of Duty 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RedDethX, 16 Jun 2006.

1. RedDethX

RedDethX What's a Dremel?

Hello everyone.

I have a simple question....

Is everyone mad about Call of Duty 3 not being on PC or atleast not announced? The first 2 Call of Duty's started on PC, I don't see why PC gamers should be left out because of it. I would like to see how your thoughts are to this matter.

Cheers.

2. Ab$olut

Ab$olut What's a Dremel?

tbh I don't care the market is getting crowded full of sequals and prequals why can't devlopers come up with something new?

3. RedDethX

RedDethX What's a Dremel?

I see your point, but I, like MANY other like the CoD series alot. Some call it the best WWII FPS series. I would just like them to make it for PC, then that would be it. ><; Since it started on PC anyways.

4. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

It seems that Infity Ward is going to make a 3rd installment for the pc, albeit different from the consoles though (according to gamespy). As long as they do a good job, I think that it will be a good game. They've made 3 games so far, and I've loved every one of them. They have gotten better and better with each iteration.

However, I think it would be cool if they did a Korean, Vietnam, or maybe a modern combat version in the future. Hmm there haven't been any good Korean games out. Did that Korean mod for Farcry ever get completed?

5. Hopakee

Hopakee What's a Dremel?

They better not come with a PC version CoD2 is still full of sheite.
    CoDUO was the best CoD they came with. CoD2 is a noobassfriendly game you have no health the guns are imba meaning Rushian PPSH and the shotgun means autowin.
    You have radar for the newbs that can't hear or play without sound. the hitboxes are way to big I get a 80% heatshot count and I aim for torso.
    The maps suck since they only made what 5 new maps?

why is CoDUO better? Becouse:
    1.They had cool maps.
    2. More team based with tanks and jeeps.
    3. Support weapons like the heavy machine gun meaning you could defence.
    4. You had sprint.
    5. The servers didn't turn down smoke granates or took out weapons and didn't had 200000 mods running you needed to download before you could play
    6. Didn't have radar so you needed to pay attention more instead of running towards the red dots.
    7. The hitboxes where balanced.
    8. The weapons where more balanced (PPSH didn't do as much damage and the sniper rifle took a little more skill to play)
    9. You had variation between maps(small rush maps and bigger maps with tanks and Jeeps)
    10. IT WASN"T SO DAMM EASY TO CHEAT.

GreetZ
    Nick

6. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

i have to agree with hopakee on this, COD2 was a crock of crud, online atleast. i always enjoy the single player element though with cod games. even the original call of duty is better online than cod2.

7. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

people play cod online? :p
    CoD is and always has been a single player game for me, if i want to play online wwII i play dod:s, its much better :D

8. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

After seeing the trailer on X-box live for CoD3, I don't think you're going to miss it much.

9. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

I totally agree with you. CoD has alwasy been a single player game for me. I've never been a fan of semi-realistic/arcade multiplayer.

I think the no health packs aspect of CoD:2 was an excellent idea. I thought it gave a much more hectic feeling at times. However what would be better, instead of ducking or hiding, the player should have a friendly medic around at all times.

10. CyberSol

CyberSol 1337 Pants

**** I hate it when PC games get sequals made only for console. I hate console games. I need a #$%@! keyboard and mouse to play my games well. I am anti console and proud of it. I was super super angry when midtown madness 3 went out only on xbox. Gag me.

Oh well, I guess I'm hard headed.

11. SeBbY_007

SeBbY_007 What's a Dremel?

Same here.

But, whoever didn't like the health system, surely it is inventive? So many people didn't like it buy when it boils down to it at least they tried to make it different from every other FPS. I personally thought it was a good touch and made me play the game different instead of looking around constantly for Health Packs.

12. specofdust

specofdust Banned

CoD 2 was the worst FPS I've played in a long time. I almost always fininish games, but I didn't bother with Cod 2, it bored me immensely. All I was doing was playing a console arcade shooter, there was no joy in it. I frankly don't care about CoD anymore, it died with Cod 2 and the usual attempt to cash in on the console market, which almost always destroys the game.

13. Mosey

Mosey What's a Dremel?

I still need to play CoD2. Gah.. too many games. Althought i have heard some mixed reviews.

CoD3 looked pretty sweet

14. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I think it's about time Interpol starts cracking down on publishers who make new WWII FPS games. I think if enough local and government police get involved we will see the end of this phenomenon before the actual World War II is sensationalized to the point of young people thinking it's nothing more than a bunch of games based on old John Wayne movies.

20 million people dead, folks. Real people with real families. Maybe the first good games did it some justice, like Medal of Honor, and the original CoD, but it's over now. Save WWII for History Channel documenteries where you can actually learn something useful.

15. SeBbY_007

SeBbY_007 What's a Dremel?

It's better that we remember it, so that such huge conflicts never happen again.

16. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

I have played CoD 2 and it was a so so game when it came to the campaign levels, but the multiplayer was of greater enjoyment to me anyway, but most games are especially co-op but thats not important... There have been to many WWII games out there and the sequels and prequels just mount up and they all follow the same missions and them same features of every other WWII game out there. CoD was the best CoD IMO. I might and I say again MIGHT buy it after I read some reviews and see if its really worth it, but for now i'll just wait...

17. EK-MDi

EK-MDi What's a Dremel?

They are new. Except with the same name, to help promote it.

18. trs51x

trs51x What's a Dremel?

I have to agree with above posters who said CoD UO is the high-point of the CoD series.

My brother plays CoD2, but if it wasn't for the fact that his clan actually bought him this copy so he could play in leagues with them, I would have convinced him to revert to CoD UO by now.

When you see how much content that was actually in CoD UO was taken out for CoD2, you will probably say "I'm never giving those guys money again." Cookable grenades, levelling, vehicles, gametypes, etc. The list goes on...

I mean... how much of the budget could it possibly have taken to implement cookable nades in CoD2? A pittance! Yet, because Infinity Ward appears to have adopted the being-rich-is-cooler-than-being-cool approach of their EA mentors, someone in the chain of command opted to remove this realistic and strategically essential aspect from the game in favor of I don't know what... (This is but one deplorable issue. I'm sure I would identify plenty more if I ever compared the two in-depth.)

They are clearly planning that a bunch of "new blood" will be the ones buying the new games, meanwhile leaving the established fans out in the cold, thinking "they will buy it just because it is CoD!" They are playing on the hype of all the (self-aggrandizing, industry-sponsored) awards they won with CoD1. Also, I briefly remind you of the "impressive" TV commercial for xbox CoD2 where game engine footage is rendered at some unbelievable detail level that no PC (let alone xbox!) will be able to achieve for 3-4 more years. Enticing? Probably very much so, if you don't realize the reality behind it.

-=-

There are a few positive aspects...

The one CoD2 addition that I would most like to see in 1 is the ability to mantle (climbable walls, basically). But according to my bro, even this feature is janky, as a given wall needs to be coded to allow mantling. You can't just do it anywhere. (Lame.)

The detail on the maps is better too, but this falls squarely in the "bare minimum requirement for a sequel" category, and not the "wow, neato!" category. (On the flip side of this positive aspect: my bro is constantly complaining that every little raised element on the ground is actually something that will trip your player up if you hit it the wrong way while walking. Pieces of wood, rubble, etc. Things that wouldn't even slow an average person down for a second, nevermind a trained/battle-hardened soldier. What gives?!)

One other thing I find CoD1 lacking, with or without expansion, is the trench gun (i.e. shotgun). But again, when you look at all that was removed to make CoD2, the appeal of one gun is hardly worth the switch.

-=-

Oh well. Hate to have to dish out the rant on what I thought was going to be a more artful, content-oriented game design crew, but it's good to see some other people confirming my suspicion that CoD2 is a major step backwards in playability and depth. Original CoD was a standout, but IW's later work unfortunately speaks for itself. If CoD3 has all the best of both games, they are redeemed. Otherwise, they are blacklisted.

In the meantime, if you see that CoD+UO bundle pack that is going around for $30, it is worth the money if you like this kind of thing.

GL/HF! ;-)

PS - Is this "profit-first" outlook anything new to this (or any other modern) industry? Heck no! But it just hurts to see companies you thought were carrying the torch of "pride in workmanship" go down the road of "how many units can we move?" It hurts bad. Life is too short to play inferior video games! ;-)

19. img

img Minimodder

Single player its excellent game but could never really get into the mulitplayer, it just never seemed right but always really thought of it as more a single player game with multiplayer tacked onto it

20. Vergil_117

Vergil_117 What's a Dremel?

My only issue with CoD was that you are basicly doing what you did in MOH but it looks better and plays a lot better, there isn't really any teamwork or flanking manuvears, ect. (but brothers in arms has those elements) ^_^

Tags: