1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 13 Nov 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I don't think the two can really compare that well to be honest. One is a sandbox, the other is a garden path. One is open, the other is closed. They are both great games, but in different ways and for different people. I enjoyed both.

2. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Yup. Moi aussi. Much like I wasn't really terribly thrilled about either Bioshock or Half-Life 2: Episode II... but I can see why many people would like them, and I can respect that. ;)

3. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

So far I've only really enjoyed the Chernobyl mission, the rest is just realisation that the game revolves around the player, as in COD2. What I mean by this is that:

1. Enemies will spawn for eternity unless you advance (and then they'll follow you), it doesn't matter what the rest of the group does.
    2. Enemies will target you - not any of your team members.
    3. All of your team mates seem to be bulletproof for the most part (SAS)

I also hate those bloody dogs - I've never been able to melee attack them, I ALWAYS die.

EDIT: Now finished the game, and I can only add one other mission that I enjoyed - the one at the end of the credits. Its really annoying that the enemies keep on respawning until you advance further.

How you can rate this game the same as Crysis is beyond me. This game is a definite 7/10.

Last edited: 10 Dec 2007
  4. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

I honestly think this is the best most enjoyable game I have ever played.

I don't think 'epically short' comment earlier is fair at all. I played on hardest from the off, so I guess my experience might have been longer due to the amount of time I spent 'dead', but the overall game length felt pretty good to me.

Just a fantastic game. I *really* hope there will be more of the same, be it expansions or [well made!] mods/missions.

Nice review too. Although, as you suggested, I didn't read it before getting the game. :thumb:

Tags: Add Tags