1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Call of Duty - Black Ops II

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by alastor, 2 May 2012.

1. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

Well, the singleplayer looks like the usual set-piece linear drivel that we've come to expect from Cod.

But the mulitplayer.... who knows just yet.

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

there's a difference between "around" and "played to death". :p

i also played original Doom and Wolfenstein 3D not long after its original release, but the first FPS game i played extensively and know every trick in its arsenal was Tribes 2.

3. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I was being somewhat mischievous with my comment. My statement holds in that the direction of my cash is as stated however even I, as one of the biggest fans of Bohemia Interactive would not expect them to compete with either Halo or CoD. Being the optimist I am though, I still believe there is hope for mankind...

4. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

What competitively could they bring new to the table that would be any better than anything currently out?

5. Tomhyde1986

Tomhyde1986 What's a Dremel?

At the risk of getting banned or forever shunned from the forums if it gets down cheap enough I'll probably get it on my PS3.

There are times I just don't want BF3s level of team work, vehicles and the like. I just want to run and gun in an arena culminating in a nuke getting dropped. It's short, diry and I find it to be more relaxing once I turn voice comms off.

It's impossible to argue though it does looks infirior to BF3 in almost every way because thats the truth of the matter. That being said it still looks pretty to me on a nice big TV relaxing on my bed with my feet up.

If I want semi realism I'll play BF3 (BF3 is not a combat simulator regardless of what people claim). If i want a semi mindless run and gun blast for 20 minutes i'll play CoD. Horses for courses.

CoDs single player had always been head and shoulders ahead of Battlefield though in my opinion. I actually quite enjoyed MW2.

6. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

That might be because Battlefield doesn't have a single player (well anything before BF3 that is)
    It had BOT support but you wouldn't call this a SP Campaign, so it's a little unfair to judge a MP game for lack in the SP area when it's not even supposed to be competing as a SP game.

7. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

That looks like quite a poor game.

8. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Ok, but please don't let it happen again. It could negatively impact your career.

9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

believe me it wont

10. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

I've bought every CoD on release since CoD4 for my 360 and truthfully the trailer is appalling. Graphics might have looked good 3 years ago for console but they really need a new engine.

Maybe the gameplay might save it and be something a bit different but I doubt it with Treyarch at the helm regarding development and Activision as the money men.

Inevitably yes I will buy a copy for 360 to play with friends that haven't got decent PC's or an interest to play PC games but barring a minor miracle.... no a Major miracle it's got no chance of being like the CoD game I fell in love with in CoD4/WaW.

I'm getting too old :rolleyes:

11. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

I was actually wondering whether it was tongue in cheek for the first 30 seconds or so.

MW3 looked meh but this looks pathetic -- terrible. The voice acting was lamentable.

I wonder if even the console players can stomach such tripe.

As has been said, at least treyarch are trying something new -- I've never quite understood the whole "hate on treyarch" thing.

12. mkb

mkb Minimodder

That game looks laughable. I actually thought it was a spoof initially. So utterly terrible looking.

13. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

I'm pretty excited at what this one will bring to the table. Treyarch is adding some new things to the series like the branching storyline so i'm gonna keep an eye on this one.

The graphics actually don't seem as bad as some of you make it out but i can't fully judge that on a trailer with scenic shots.

I really hope they don't release it in a technical mess like they did with the first Blops for pc

Last edited: 2 May 2012
  14. MrPotatoHead

MrPotatoHead What's a Dremel?

not been on here for long but this is the first thread i've had an urge to post on, imo you can always expect the same thing in call of duty single player, the same linear boring gameplay, :duh: but on the other hand the multiplayer looks like it might bring something new to the table, so here's hoping :eyebrow:

15. dark_avenger

dark_avenger Minimodder

Yawn, move along nothing to see here.

16. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Really, what can they possibly bring new to the table. This looks like a rip-off BF2142 game.

Should have gone to Specsavers :dremel:

It will be a mess on the PC as their main audience is Console

17. spectre456

There are no specsavers where i live but i think you should go to nexxo to work on that attitude of yours...

This is probably futile since you obviously hate the series and probably won't listen to reason but here's a link about some of the game's features. Click

The main things that caught my eye was the branching story/campaign.

If you are comparing the graphics to BF3 then obviously they won't compare. Again, i can't give an opinion based on a trailer. I rate graphics based on what happens on a technical level and how much performance is needed to run it at over 60fps.

a rip-off of 2142? i'm not even going to bother...

18. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

Modern Warfare 3 was really good, but this just looks awful.

19. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Nothing wrong with my attitude mate but your eyesight certainly needs looking at if you think the gfx look better than average. :duh:

Am not comparing it to BF3 as this engine is light-years ahead of COD's just compare it to any other game even Alien Arena which is a free to play game has better graphics!

And for your information, I liked COD up until MW where it has gone downhill.

20. spectre456

Congratulations on misconstruing my words by quite a margin. I never said they looked better than average in the slightest. I said they are not as bad as some of you make them out to be. Some of the reactions here make it seem like this is a PS2 game that's being looked at.

The game will also be coming with some dx11 effects for the PC version, but i'm a tad skeptical about it. So far, to me, DX11 seems like a performance rapist. Little benefit for what you have to put up with.

I've also said that i can't fully judge the graphics at this stage based on one trailer.

Alien Arena? really? COD 4 looks better than that. However, Alien Arena has some pretty nice effects like the reflecting glass.