1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Call of Duty Elite subscriptions explained

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 31 May 2011.

1. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

lost interest in cod completely

2. alf-

alf- Minimodder

sigh, some of comments here illustrate what is wrong with some pc gamers.

by that i mean the snobbish childish insults not only towards people who enjoy the COD franchise but console gamers as a whole, the comments just make these people sound like elitist jerks.

actually this about sums up these people
    http://xkcd.com/359/

god forbid people having fun playing a game.

3. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:D nice :clap:.

4. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Can understand that a little but to many pc gamers activision lost the plot when they abandonned dedicated servers & ditched user content in favour of milking for new content, I enjoyed COD until after modern warfare, didn't fancy the world at war after it, then it was all down hill but I don't miss it at all :) especially with what the battlefield series brings.
    But I've become more of a simple action/adventure/rpg type gamer now so rarely play multiplayers unless it's genuinely good fun & I think the most fun I've had on multiplayer games of late have been GTA IV racing & other racing games but GTA got totally spoilt by cheaters/game wreckers :).

Anyway are you happy they want to turn it to subscription based? :lol:.

5. alf-

alf- Minimodder

i understand raging at activism, that's understandable they have annoyed a lot pc gamers, i just don't think its really necessary for some people to get all snobby and generally disparaging to other people for the simple reason that they enjoy a game or console system.

as for for subscription crap, sounds like a waste of money, but as long as it doesn't affect actual game play i don't really mind.
    i came across
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2011/may/31/call-of-duty-elite-faq

it seems that clans and career stats will be available to all users of MW3, which makes this subscription idea even less of an issue to me.

3lusive likes this.
  6. slothy89

slothy89 MicroModder

Call of Warcraft anyone?

7. 7earitup

7earitup What's a Dremel?

Horrible ****ing idea.

8. sharpethunder

sharpethunder Minimodder

Tags: Add Tags