1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Call to BTers: Pimp my civic!

Discussion in 'General' started by shroom, 28 Mar 2005.

1. K.I.T.T.

K.I.T.T. Hasselhoff™ Inside

i would paint the rims gloss or matt black, touch up the paint, do something with the bump strips like spray them silver or another imaginative colour.

possibly i would add a K&N intake like the typhoon or Apollo, some new springs as well ( a decent set like Koni or eibach) Possible new exhaust but don't make it llike 4" straight through cause then it will sound like a 747, get a decent Tach for the dash, some discreet interior neons like in the footwells and possibly paint the hood black cause that can give a good look for not very much time/money.

also note: the amp and sub.....it is dangerous to have an amp so drastically underpowered for the sub as with a few people i know they have had a decent sub like sony or Jl audio 400w then put it a crappy generic 300w amp and not long after their subs go up in smoke because el shiteo electronics in the amp are being stretched to far and then instead of the normal smooth up and down wave pattern (sign wave i think its called) for sound it starts feeding what are termed 'square htting waves' to the sub so it does the same up and down thing but at right angles instead of a smooth wave thus its like putting a DC current through any piece of thinish wire (think about a toaster), it heats up, glows red then 'poof' its dead along with the amp.......that is just a warning though it may not happen

2. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

I did a quick mock of what the currently planned mods might look like.

[​IMG]

(I have mad photoshop skizzles)

Also, the paint looks a whole lot better than it does in this pic. It is a bit faded, but in that pic its reflecting a gray sky.

I'll try to get pics tomorrow if its sunny. I was going to today but I didnt have my camera on the way to the gym.

3. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

The going rate for professional tint installs are around $150-$200 dollars. Tint regulations are only for the fron three windows, so go crazy on the remaining three!! :thumb:

4. rick

rick What's a Dremel?

i was doing a bit of photo shopping so i decided to do your car as well
    [​IMG]
    what do you think? the colours not perfect on the bumpers and the wheels are a bit out of scale but they were the only side on alloys i had

you asked about junkyard parts, most of the ones i've been to dont actually know what they've got in as they have cars in and out all the time but usually they'll have an idea of whats in eg. they'll know if they have a civic and where it should be but they wont know what year or trim it is. there basically like flea markets for car parts.
    if you decide to go for interior neons dont go to an auto shop for them go to a pc one, you can wire cathodes into the lighter or any other power source and there usually alot brigher than ones made for cars

5. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

I think it kinda looks like a VW Golf, lol. My issue with the side bumpers is that Its an indent into the metal where they attach, so to get that effect, I would have to tac/grind over the gap and paint over it, which is way beyond my budget.

And with rims, like I said, this is a budget mod. If I find a set in the junkyard for cheap I'll def. spring for it, we'll see, I might see if I can go this saturday.

And I'll have to check regulations on tinting my front windows. I cant afford to have someone do it for me, and window film is cheap, so we'll see how that goes once I find the right darkness.

6. penski

penski BodMod

Check it:

[​IMG]

Also asked a few guys on another forum to have ago...will post the results here.

*n

7. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

More pics

Front shot. No, it doesnt have a right side view mirror ;p
    [​IMG]

Back
    [​IMG]

Roof with the paint issue that also plagues the hood. Bubble in the clearcoat? Or worn down? I cant quite tell.
    [​IMG]

Left interior shot.
    [​IMG]

Wheel close-up
    [​IMG]

Right interior.
    [​IMG]

Door.
    [​IMG]

Backseat
    [​IMG]

Front Seats.
    [​IMG]

8. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Anyone else realize that's roughly 20 times around the equator?

gotta get the walmart spinners :hehe:

honestly though, I'd say just give the interior a good vacuuming, perhaps change the shift knob and do something about the rims and fix any misc paint scratches and whatnot.

9. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

tint regulations vary by state... in ct you can tint all windows at variable percentages, in ma, you can tint all but windshield at lower % than ct... in tx, you can paint your rear window opaque black if you want.... google local window tinting regulations, or go to a pro

10. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

Heh, the interior was clean for a little while.. then I did a buncha work at a house in the woods ;p I need doormats to keep my floor mats clean, lol.

Today I found out:

The tint regulations for NJ are no tint in the front windows, and a maximum three inch top strip on the windshield, any back windows can be pitch black, no matter. All motor mods are legal, but the engine cant exceed something like 700hp. There are sound regulations against extremely loud mufflers, and underglow and interior glow are also illegal, but everything else is fair game.

11. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

First thing to do, is buy a big bottle of T-Cut and spend the weekend going over the paintwork.
    Should get it looking like new.

12. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

What is T-Cut? Google didnt bring anything up.

Bought tint and paint for the wheels today. Even bought the stupid little bottle of concentrate to go with the tint ;p Was only two bucks, so I figured even if I dont need it, its cheap enough to use anyway.

But, its a friggen typhoon outside, so I'm working on the water leak in my trunk in my garage.

13. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

T-Cut is a paint restorer made by Car Plan, not sure if you have it in the USA, try googling for Car Plan T-Cut or something like that, I found this page which has some info & a few images of it.

14. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

Those old 4-speed hatchies are fun to drive. My friend Dustin had one and it was a fun car to tool around in looking for things to do. It was weird on the highway when the 4th gear was the last one, I almost ruined his tranny trying to shift into where I thought 5th would be finding out it was actually reverse :duh:

15. tsa cain

tsa cain What's a Dremel?

Yeah dont listen to people telling you that you should sell ur car or it is crap. If you like it that is all that really matters. :thumb:

16. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

Allrighty. So I tried to install the tint. And failed. So apparently the only people that are convinced you can do it yourself are the people who sell the tint, and I'd like to see them get a decent tint job out f that crap :grr:

So I figure I'll get it professionaly done if I fall into $200. Which sucks, but there isnt much I can do about it.

17. rick

rick What's a Dremel?

thats so true, just like the "universal fitment" products that translates to "fits feck all"
    hows the rest of the pimping going?

18. Infraggable Krunk

Infraggable Krunk What's a Dremel?

pretty lame photoshops there guys

[​IMG]

ok you need to get it dropped ( price unknown)
    and get that ugly spoiler and front and rear bumpers removed

front and rear body kit $200 dollars
    3 stickers about 10 bucks
    large zap decal 40 bucks
    Red window tint ( price unknown)
    Wax and polish paint ( hence the deeper color)

and for the biggest effect and cost

Racing Heart rims... $500 ( well worth it in my opinion)

good luck

19. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

HEy why dont you take those weels off and sand them down to bare metal and get rid of that rust (sand blasting may help) then primer them with 3-5coats of car primer and wet sand them to a perfect finish then paint them flat black and after that put a coat of gloss over it. The weels should look really good like that.

Also the front bumpers you can give the same treatment with glossy black. The car would look pretty dam good like that..

On another note stick away from those buzzing sound mufler jobs and just get a low profile chrome tip and hack some of that rusted one away. Give the motor compartment a good cleaning and pamper the engine with some oil changes etc.

I would not waste money on those "aftermarket" intake systems as those arent really anything special. Just find a pipe and reposition the filter (also buy a nice k&n filter for it so this way you get some clean air in that engine. Maybe some bosch spark plugs (platinum 4 comes to mind) and some good quality wires for the spark.

I waould also flush the coolant out of that system and replace it with a good 40/60mix depending on how cold iy gets where you are.

As for rims... I personaly would not bother at all as it is a unecesary spenditure.

I apologise for maybe sounding a bit crude in my previous post.... But I am pretty anti honda but at the moment I have set my biast aside to give you a some ideas perhaps.

20. D4VID

D4VID What's a Dremel?

If you have to photoshop, take your time. He did say not to 'rice' it out.

[​IMG]
    • Removed bump strips
    • Colour coded wing mirrors and door handles
    • Cleared out front indicator
    • Colour coded bumpers
    • Shiny new Honda wheel trims
    • The all important BT logos in the rear side windows
    With plenty of elbow grease, a large supply of wet'n'dry, a good primer and some red spray paint, you should be able to do all the colour coding yourself. It'll be good modding experience :D. Make sure you do a proper job of it though and take your time, or else it'll look awful. While you're at it, you could pay the rest of the bodywork some attention too.

I would just remove the bump strips completely as long as they don't leave screw holes or something, most are just stuck on with adhesive.

The most expensive bit is the wheel trims, IMHO they would transform the look of the car.

In all fairness, it doesn't look half bad for 263k :thumb:

Tags: