1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Calling 650D owners.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by el2k, 24 Nov 2011.

1. el2k

el2k Modder

Hey all, I'm just about to purchase a 650D but just have a few quick questions for you.

How easy is it to mount a Ap181 180mm Air penetrator in the front 200mm spot?

Can i mount a 120mm rad there? Would a 120mm rad fit with only removing 1 HDD cage?

If not, could i mount a 120mm or even 240mm rad to the side of the HDD cages with room to put my GTX480 in still? I know it would be tight.

I'm pretty much just after measurements or rough guesstimates from you lovely people.

Thanks
    Liam

2. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

I have the Ap181 180mm Air penetrator in the front of mine, but it's not a very "professional" fit. I'm using cables ties... :blush: If you want to do a proper job, you'll need to be comfortable drilling a few extra holes on the front as not all of the screw holes line up for a 180mm fan. They are for a 200mm fan, obviously... I may do this at a later date, but for now I just can't be arsed!

As for the rad, I'm not sure as I don't have any 120's. I would guess that you'd be OK just removing one drive bay. I took one out, and put the other in the lower position on the floor of the case to maximise airflow from the AP181 and last time I checked it was pretty spacious down there. Also, I have a 6950 and there is still plenty of room before you start encroaching on the space allocated for the drive bays.

If you don't get any other replies, I'll try to remember to have another look tonight.

3. el2k

el2k Modder

Thanks for your help mate.

Drilling 4 holes isn't so bad...

4. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

Ooohh, same sort of idea as I was thinking. Although I want the H100 in the front. But I wonder if the tubes are long enough to reach the cpu - and also just fitting the thing in the front. :D
    .. but then it would also mean having the only intakes for the case giving the 2nd hand air through a rad.
    Also saw this which shows the sort of space in that area. But doesn't show much in terms of what
    else you may be able to put there (no sound, don't know if he TELLS you that info though. :) )
    Youtube Linky

Will be watching this thread xD

5. el2k

el2k Modder

I want to put a 240mm slim rad in the top and then a 120 at the front, didn't want the 120 rad on the back as it looks to be a bit cramped with both rads so close to each other.

6. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

Slight bump for more possible answers? :rolleyes:
    Yea, I was thinking of 240 rad in the front, but maybe thats just silly. :D Mine would only be
    the Corsair H100 kind too, not a proper WC loop.

Agreed I think a 240@top+120@back would look cramped. Might be a little bit of a bitch to work
    with too. I guess. :D