1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Camo painting tips?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by wickyman, 31 Oct 2004.

1. wickyman

wickyman What's a Dremel?

I'm currently trying to figure out how to paint the camo for a sample I'm working on, and I don't know where to start... i have all the colors I need to do the project, earth green, brown, sand, and black... where do I start?!?! I figure I start on a green note, then tan, brown, then black? Should I layer it? Or should I maybe make intersecting templates? TIA!

2. [Tom]

[Tom] Minimodder

Just did a quick google for you and found this:

Warhammer 40k Camouflage painting

Should be pretty helpful- there are three different styles according to environment.

3. bobbo

bobbo What's a Dremel?

you need a sketch and then paint the ground colour. like green or smthin'...
    then color the others on top. maby with a stencil..

4. wickyman

wickyman What's a Dremel?

well, that link did me little in the help department... those are small figurines, and nothing like painting a larger object... As for painting with stencils, i had planned on that... My main quesiton now is in between layers, should i sand them to make them even with the urface before it? I need this sample to come out professional looking, so that maybe I can make a little money off the local computer store... lol They actually gave me a panel, and i told them i could do what they wanted, but I need a little guidance on it, as I havent done it before... Also, I'm using rattle cans... lol If that helps any...

5. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

look at this case. Link