1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone interpret dreams?

Discussion in 'General' started by SJH, 21 Nov 2007.

1. SJH

SJH Active Member

I'm usually very sceptical about dream interpretations etc, but I've been having this same dream for quite a while now and have a feeling that maybe it does mean something.

Actually technically it's not the same dream I've been having, but a similar experience in many dreams. Basically I keep dreaming that I'm having great trouble walking, in many different circumstances. It's not like having difficulty walking while drunk, it's more like being too light to stay stuck to the ground, hovering a couple of inches above it, and trying very hard to make contact with the floor and push myself along. Usually this results in me falling over. This might sound stupid, and it is very hard to explain, but I've had the dream at least 10 times over the last 3 or 4 months.

Does anyone have any idea if this has any meaning, or if I'm just reading too far into it?

Sam

2. Morphine-Kitty

Morphine-Kitty Dead account.

Are you struggling with something in your life right now? To me, it says that you are having difficulty doing something.

I'm no professional though. We need Nexxo. :p

3. SJH

SJH Active Member

Not something that I've been struggling with consistently since I started having these dreams, if you get me. Struggles have come and gone, but have never been that long-lasting or important.

Sam

4. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Yep I know Exactly what that dream means it means that you have to much money and to nice a computer the only way to solve this problem is to send me ALL your money for the next ten years and send me your PC as a matter of urgency (its the PC fans that are making you float away).......:rock::rock::rock:

5. Mathmarauder

Mathmarauder New Member

This thread needs more Carl Jung.

6. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

you had the dream once and thought it was cool, and then thought about it a bunch and it stuck in your subconscious mind. if you stop thinking about it during the day, you will stop dreaming about it at night.

and yes, you are thinking too much into this.

7. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 New Member

Means gravity is going to start fluctuating, break out the doomsday posters

8. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I've had this kind of dream a lot. Usually I'm trying to reach out at someone moving away with their back turned and their identity indiscernible. Everything isn't all white, the environment looks mundane and forgettable, but you pedal harder and harder and continue to hover over the ground--like running under water. And yes, I do end up falling and the impact wakes me up. The dream hasn't returned for some time...

9. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

I've had that, in a MMO, it's called lag :D

But seriously, it sounds like your own efforts are not moving you, like you are not able to move from where you are by your own effort (maybe because you lack influence). Do you have any situations like that in your life at the moment?

Then again, I almost never remember dreams.

10. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I've alwats had two dreams in my life and I always dream in black and white. The first which I used to have as a kid was of a carnival tent in my back garden which had a monster plant in it. Like Seymour from Little Shop of Horrors. I was always edging around the inside of the tent while he got ready to snap at me.

Mostly nowadays though I fluctuate between superhero dreams and dreams where I'm having to fight or shoot someone - but in dreams like that the trigger on the gun is ALWAYS too tough to pull. I have to use two hands to move it a bit, but then I can't aim. I'm never in danger or beaten - I just spend the rest of the dream going round in circles trying to fire the damn rifle. Ugh.

What does that mean? It means I read too many damn comics, thats what.

11. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 New Member

Only recurring dream I've had is jumping off a really high dive platform into an empty pool. All other dreams have always been unique, weird, extremely complex, abstract, and utterly confusing with time, matter and location blending and shifting constantly yet remaining the same. Rabid imagination & a bored mind ft.w

12. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

No one mentioned anything about sex dreams yet?

13. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

There was a vivid dream I had years and years ago (and I wish I could have it again) where I'm flying around the Statue of Liberty. It was so vivid at the time.

About a couple of years ago I had a dream and I was arguing with my Mum in a kitchen and I ended up shouting 'Humiliating' for some reason. So loud in fact, I woke myself and the mrs and made myself hoarse! I've never dreamt like that prior or since, thankfully.

14. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

I've had various floating, flying, hovering etc dreams over the years, certain parts were a flash of color, many of them were reoccuring. Some were the same with only a tiny twist, others are different were you do something that you wanted to do last time! Then there are the ones that practically continue from where the last one left off - cool!

I havent looked in general for very long at all, but it seems to be flooded with personal topics these days? as opposed to stuff about cars or movies or ipods etc Was it always like this? There's nothing wrong with all the personal revelations btw, i think it's very brave and i'm very impressed at the level of maturity in the responses & contributions offered :clap: bittech Cheesecake :D

15. Nexxo

Nexxo Queue Jumper

:hehe:

16. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I used to have a dream where a certain fried potato snack pushed me off an elevator platform. Too much damn gaming.
    The vast majority of my dreams consist of maths and physics, I'm yearning for an interesting dream every night but it never comes.