1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice can i run RS:siege?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AQNFX, 14 Dec 2015.

1. AQNFX

AQNFX Twist The Grip, Let It Rip!

I really dont want to upgrade just yet. im a believer if its not broken dont replace it. specs are in sig.

I have been pushing my aircooled pc clock speed little by little but thats only going to get me so far. my gpu is max clocked using the amd o/c softwear. and my cpu is 3.2

My question is, I really want to get siege but i want to know if its possible to get it at 2560x1600 on all low settings. i play all my current games (bf4, csgo, overwatch, and a few others) at the resolution, some have settings turned up and others dont but for the most part i run 35+ fps unless its a super intense action spot.

Ive thought about getting a new gtx970 but then again im at pci 2.0.

so do you think i can run the game at 2560x1600 max low settings or do i have to upgrade?

another note. when you guys build a brand new gaming rig, what do you do with your old one?

Last edited: 14 Dec 2015
  2. rollo

rollo Modder

Pci2.0 to 3.0 is minimal if any performance benefits. All gpus are backwards compatible to at least 2.0 anyway.

390x should be more than sufficient to get playable fps. Your CPU might be the biggest fps loss at the minute compared to gpu.

Depends how old the rig is donate it to friends or sell depending on age.