1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox One Can someone Clarify Xbox Live Gold Sharing for me and my situations

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BradShort, 9 Sep 2019.

1. BradShort

BradShort Familyman - Forever gamer

So I have three boys and one xbox.
    I sign onto the xbox, set it as home, and all 3 boys can use their own profiles and access my games and Gold sub

This xbox has now gone to eldest's room

I am thinking of a new xbox downstairs so the other two boys can use it with their own Xbox credentials.

Am I right in thinking, that even if I am logged into the second xbox, when they switch to their profile, they will not be able to use my games or subs?

Thus, I will need another Xbox gold sub for one of the boys, and buy some of the games again for this account?

Thanks in advance?

Steve

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

That's my understanding, aye - you can only have one primary console per account.

BradShort likes this.
  3. BradShort

Thanks, and only the games and subs on a primary xbox can be shared . . I guess that is the simplest way of stating it . .

4. Fantus

Fantus Nothing to see here...

Any account on the primary console will be able to play games online and play your games. On the secondary console, or any other console you sign in to, only your account can play online and play your games. For you, you'll have to get Gold for at least one other account that could have the downstairs console as its primary and re-purchase the games (unless Gamepass w/Gold would do you?).

This is exactly the setup I have at home.

BradShort likes this.
  5. BradShort

Awesome, thanks for the input guys

Tags: