1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable Can the Acer Aspire One play Starcraft?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by foolfromhell, 12 Oct 2008.

1. foolfromhell

foolfromhell What's a Dremel?

The only game I play away from my desktop is starcraft. I want an Acer Aspire One. It is certainly within hardware requirements, but does anyone have any experience? Screen too small, etc.?

And, is the SSD version available with Windows?

What I want is the SSD+Windows+6 Cell version. But Newegg doesnt stock it and the official Acer site keeps telling me to go to retailers...

And, does anyone have any other anecdotes about it?

2. sheninat0r

sheninat0r What's a Dremel?

I think it should, Starcraft only runs at 640*480 and is old enough that any computer around today can play it no problem.

3. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

No problem. Friend runs WoW on it at 640x480 and it only lags in the citys. Its a pretty good machine for its size.

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

As the above, it's a very capable machine really tbh.

You can install windows on the SSD version, although you'll need a proper key. :)

5. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

yes, it runs great, i just tried it. really smooth, no problems. i've got the model with 120gb/1gb. other anecdotes: lovely machine, very capable hardware. feels really snappy. keyboard is good (even though i've got the stupid bilingual version). screen is plenty big for web browsing. my lid is already scratched though, and constantly covered in fingerprints.

if you do end up getting one, be sure that you turn off wifi power saving mode. it basically turns off the wifi when the machine is running on battery. took me a while to figure this out, i was getting really frustrated. if you see reviewers complaining about poor wifi reception, they likely haven't figured this out yet.

Last edited: 13 Oct 2008
  6. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

I would be really surprised if it did not run it. I mean, SC is 10 years old already!

Tags: