1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Can the new wireless apple keyboard and PC be friends?

Discussion in 'Software' started by DaSuperFly, 13 Jan 2008.

1. DaSuperFly

DaSuperFly What's a Dremel?

I popped into the Apple regent street yesterday and absolutely loved the new apple keyboards.
    Both versions are great but I'd prefer to get the wireless version if possible to cut down the cable clutter on the desk.

How easy it to get it working with a PC? I've done a little research and it looks like you need a specific bluetooth adaptor, the D-Link DBT-120 to get the previous wireless keyboard to work. Has anyone had a go with new one?

2. rowin4kicks

rowin4kicks a man walked into a bar ...

hey i am currently using the apple wireless keyboard, i would say unless you really like the wireless-ness of the keyboard i would get the wired one! it absolutely eats batteries i mean a set every 2 weeks is a bit much! and i do miss the usb ports that are on the wired one

although it is really, really sexy and i love using it!

3. DaSuperFly

DaSuperFly What's a Dremel?

I'm not too worried about it eating batteries, i'll be using rechargeables if i can get it to work!
    Are you using yours with a PC?

4. rowin4kicks

no im using it with my mac, but i did try and install windows through bootcamp using this keyboard and it really didnt like it at all!
    although i think thats down to needing a usb keyboard to install it.

there should be something like the previous patch for the old keyboard around for this version

5. rowin4kicks

i would try looking on apple forums, specifically for bootcamp problems, maybe use the apple forums themsleves

6. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

i got the latest one and it works fine on the pc you need bluetooth but you can pick up a dongle cheap enough

although i only use it on my mac it does work on the pc am running XP if that helps

Tags: