1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Can you play anything on the piano?

Discussion in 'General' started by rainbowbridge, 6 Feb 2010.

1. Ransoman

Ransoman New Member

I am currently teaching myself, It is one of my life's ambitions to learn to play the Piano.

So far i know a few tunes, but no songs. I can do the first little bit of Clare de lun (Spelling) and a bit of battle of the banjo's.

2. dire_wolf

dire_wolf Last Of The Dovakhiin

Chopsticks and when the saints go marching in lol, thats all, never really got interested in Piano/keyboard like I did with my guitars

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

4. klokker

klokker im a g

I took lessons in classical piano for like 10 years
    and then I stopped, and forgot half the music
    and then learned some more on my own.
    So now I can play some Mozart, Bach, Beethoven,
    Elton John, Coldplay, and Alicia Keys
    I'm average though. Guitar is what I focus on nowadays.

5. el2k

el2k Well-Known Member

I can play "Let It Be" by the Beatles.... It's pretty simple.

Always wanted to play "Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton just because the beginning sounds awesome.

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I can play quite a lot, yes. I started learning when I was about 7 or 8. My teacher was an Italian Pianist who has lived over here for years. I gave up lessons after I reached Grade 5, which was a massive mistake, but took up the Bass guitar at that point. About a year ago I started playing the Piano again because our Yamaha at home started getting a bit out of tune and it hadn't been even looked at never mind played in well over three years. It's slow progress but I teach myself this and that when I have time to sit down and play. I learned Pachabels Cannon in D a couple of weeks ago and have been giving Sia - Breathe me a go since then (see vid below of the "version" I'm learning). I like to learn songs on the Piano that I can sing as well whilst I am playing them, Breathe Me is one such song.

I've also been struggling with writing sheet music for a slightly different arrangement of this for about a month. One of my favourite songs at the moment.

Last edited: 11 Feb 2010
  7. Alekoy

Alekoy Ostekake!

I visited a guy that has been a friend of mine for about 5 years now, an he had a old piano in his basement..
    so I said (just for fun) play the entertainer!
    and he sat down, said, well, it has been a while, and he started to play, missing a couple of notes at first, but the third time he had it pretty much nailed..
    turns out he actually went to school to become a piano-tuner... FIVE years, and I just found out... we talk to much about cars :p

8. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Yeah it was one fo the first pieces Romeo (my music teacher) ever taught me once I learned the basics :)

9. MugenUK

MugenUK New Member

I can't play but one of my lifes aims is to play Claire de lune.

10. klokker

klokker im a g

Claire de Lune is to piano as Stairway to Heaven is to guitar
    It's not hard to learn, it sounds impressive, and absolutely anyone that can play the instrument has learned it.