1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Cant figure out SpeedFan temps :S

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by isaac12345, 12 Sep 2015.

1. isaac12345

isaac12345 What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

Am trying to diagnose a fault with my system (detailed here - http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=291554) with speedfan but cant make any sense of the ADT and IT8 chips, as to which ones are they.
    Also, are any of them readings from the MCH on the motherboard? I touched the heatsink and it seemed to really hot!

[​IMG]

2. isaac12345

isaac12345 What's a Dremel?

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

The following is just based on my Googlefu so could be wrong, but based on what I found the ADT7473 may well be the sensor chip on your GPU.
    Further backed up by this document about a Linux Kernel driver for ADT7473 saying "The NVIDIA binary driver presents an ADT7473 chip via an on-card i2c bus."

The IT8718F sensor would be the SuperIO Chip.

TBH while speedfan is good you maybe better of using something like CPUID HWMonitor, if you need a certain feature of speedfan then use HWMonitor to compare what it reports with what speedfan reports, that should give you a better idea of what each sensor being reported by speedfan relates to then you can rename the lables.