1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Can't get my Cooler Master forum account activated?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by quizz_kid, 30 Oct 2013.

1. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

Hi guys.

I registred for the forum two days ago, so that I could enter a mod in the Cooler Master casemod competition before the deadline 31th of October. My account still needs to be activated by some admin at CM I guess, and deadline is closing in. I've tried getting in touch with support without any luck. No email replies and live chat seems dead. I'm wondering if anyone here is facing the same problem, or knows who I could get in contact with?

//
    Quizz

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

There's a CM rep on bit-tech actually. Can't remember his username exactly though, sorry.

3. skyrip

skyrip What's a Dremel?

it took me 2 weeks to get registered on the coolermast forum, dont believe you cant enter the contest while your acc is not activated yet.

4. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

Ok, I'll go hunting 'round here then =)

Yeah, I've heard similar. The question is; why the delay?

You say "dont believe you cant enter", does that mean I could register a mod without starting an actual thread there?

5. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

I'm facing a similar issue too. I'm a little confused as to what they mean by the entry date though.

I was able to register for the competition on their main entry page using my inactivated CM account, but I'm not sure if that counts to not? Does the project log need to be posted (and presumably added to the entry list by them) by the 31st? Or do you just have to be registered for the competition by the 31st, with the log being able to appear a bit later?

It's astounding how things aren't simpler than this really. Also, why are tech sites always so slow to approve members? It seems like a universal thing that tech forums take years to get round to approving things, it's not that hard guys.

6. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

I couldnt agree more with you maki, dont understand it.

Anyway, just got my account activated somehow. I guess being a pain in the ass pays off eventually

7. Maki role

Well I'm still waiting for mine to be activated, any idea who would be best to contact about it?

8. Ace_finland

Ace_finland Minimodder

Hey guys, don't worry, if u have registered on their page i am sure it will turn out allright. After registering it took almost 3 weeks before i got a mail from cooler master rep that will be my contact person. Last year when i was competing i didn't have a contact person before the last week. I was freaking out a bit but in the end all was good. Remember the more mods they have the more publicity they will get. So i wouldn't worry too much :)

9. Ace_finland

Ace_finland Minimodder

just remember there needs to be atleast one cooler master product in the build if you're doing scratch cases :)

10. Maki role

Well my apprehension arises from how it's the Coolermaster account itself that isn't registered, and naturally the competition entry is related to that account. Their wording isn't very clear on the matter.

Actually, speaking of poor wording, they're really unclear about the product inclusion bit too. The way it's written reads as if it's only when doing a scratch build around an existing case that you need a Coolermaster component. In any case, CM thermal paste here I come.

11. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

As maki says, thats just when working with prefabricated cases from what I can tell..

12. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

Not sure, I just fired at all the cm-addresses I could find :)

13. hero1

hero1 Minimodder

I have the same issue. I registered almost a week and half now and nothing has come my way. My current build is pretty much almost done (waiting for the case from powder coating place) and voila. I will be doing a scratch build that I would want to enter into that competition but I am stuck since they haven't activated my account until this point!

14. Maki role

Well I finally had mine activated, although I didn't receive an email stating it had been either. Now just to hope everything get's added properly :)

15. CM Nick

CM Nick Cooler Master Representative

Hi guys,

Still got problems with the registrations?

16. hero1

hero1 Minimodder

Hey Nick! I still can't get my into my account. Can you please activate it for me? Thanks

17. CM Nick

Hi hero1,

What is the account name you registered on? Also hero1?
    If so, your account should be active now!

Good luck with your build!

Last edited: 11 Nov 2013
  18. hero1

hero1 Minimodder

Thanks Nick. I am grateful for your help. Cheers!:rock:

19. CM Nick

Everything for a case modder ;)