1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Capcom defends Resi Evil from religious criticism

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 26 Nov 2009.

1. Joeymac

Joeymac What's a Dremel?

I used to work for a housing organisation that dealt with some real scum. A woman worked there who had a big connections with the local church, she would run various functions at the church and knew all the regular visiters well. A SIGNIFICANT percentage if them had gone through the housing organisation system and were as sex offenders. Of course due to the confidential nature of the job she couldn't reveal that she knew any of them. So yes, paedophiles do flock to churches in a higher population than they are in society at large.

2. DbD

DbD Minimodder

Church is meant to be there for the lost, seems like the woman and the church were doing a better job then most - their actions probably changed the lives of several paedophiles which probably in turn saved several children.

Looking at this thread it doesn't seem to be the Christians spreading lies, hatred and intolerance.

3. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Saying that you shouldn't use a condom to try to prevent AIDS and HIV was not "500 years ago". It was more like... well last year. How many African's are dying from HIV because their church told them that using a condom or any form of contraception is a sin? So they kept having unprotected sex, meaning they became HIV positive and died a very slow death? I'd be quite surprised if it was less than a million.

Lets discuss attitudes towards homosexuality in certain parts of America or other very Christian countries (or Muslim countries for that matter). Then we can talk about intolerance. I don't think you will find many bigoted/racist/homophobic atheists. You will however find a hell of a lot of Christians/Muslims that are.

4. Joeymac

Joeymac What's a Dremel?

I'm sure that it's best for them to all be in one place getting some kind of support rather than roaming around. Yes, the Church does a good job in that respect. I read some of the files of the people that woman helps out and I wouldn't want them anywhere near me.. kudos to her. Of course the other parishioners have no idea for the most part, ignorance is bliss.

But, the point made by "Initialised", which I was defending; was that, irrespective of how and why they are there. There are a higher number of paedophiles and miscreants in the Church than in normal society. It stands to reason that, in the UK certainly, there is next to no pressure to become religious and even less to attend Church regularly (Christians I'm talking about here). Therefore those who do feel the need to attend, must have something to repent. With the cultural habit removed (as it were), the church is the last refuge for the damaged seeking an afterlife insurance policy.

5. gnutonian

gnutonian What's a Dremel?

They contract and spread HIV by sleeping around. If you sleep with one person unprotected, the disease doesn't spread (even if one partner gives it to the other).

According to the Africans/AIDS/Christianity argument, they follow the Pope's word and don't use condoms. But then they go fully against the Church by being promiscuous. I don't feel pity for anyone (from whatever continent) who gets whatever disease through their own fault. If you sleep around, protect yourself. If you don't want to protect yourself, don't sleep around or jerk off.

Horny guys are the problem here, not religion (though I agree with the "it gives an excuse for..." argument from one of your earlier posts). If you don't sleep around unprotected, you don't catch stuff.

Unless an African zombie bites you, I suppose. After all, this is (still) a Resident Evil thread :hip:

6. knuck

knuck Hate your face

7. dec

dec [blank space]

Agreed

Tags: Add Tags