1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Car colors

Discussion in 'General' started by grritsshawn, 1 Feb 2011.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I swear on my life, I will own a Celica of some sort before I'm 30. Heck, I should be able to afford it before I'm 25 if this *cencored, not allowed to mention, banned "R" word* would just piss off :grr:

Anyway, on an off-topic note could I make a sincere request that EVERYONE stop using the word "alot" in place of "a lot" because of all the silly grammatical errors I see here day in and day out, it's about the most irritating. There's really no need for it. If you read just once (and this would count as once...) that "alot" is wrong in the context of describing "many things" then you should never make the mistake again. It's like me teaching a small child that grass is green and sky is blue. He'll never colour a picture in wrong again ;)

2. Xir

Xir Modder

I understand you fully.
    Been there, done that :D well, not a Celica, a Coupe Fiat...at 26 :D Which is slowly in need of replacement by a stationwagon :thumb:

3. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I don't have one myself, so I asked my room mate's girlfriend and she started laughing at me, then proceeded to make a mock rap. As best as I can remember:

He got the Lambo door, lowered to the floor
    Burnin' so much rice, you better think twice
    Take it to the street, all the ladies so sweet
    Juicin' on NOS, rollin' like a boss

Around here it broke down into senseless laughing.

Maybe it's where I live or my circle of friends. None of us (male or female) can take spoilers/blacked out headlights/gigantic rims seriously or really believe that people still like those things. It's like glitter and sequins for cars! Have some taste!

4. Unicorn

I think it's something you definately grow out of. I may have thought the sort of thing he's thinking about doing to this car was cool when I was a teenager (although really this is still kind of a bad example) but these days I am only interested in a proper sports car or a factory fitted sport version of a standard car. The Clio 200 Cup being a good example, along with the VW Scirocco R and the Golf GTI. The whole "stick plastic and fake CF stuff to it until it looks cool" is just completely gone from my system now. There are still plenty of great looking showcar standard modified cars in the world, but those are mostly done by people who are old enough and have enough money to do them properly. Around here the lowered, massive rim wearing, plastic spoiler sporting, tinted windowed, loud exhaust tipped Boras, Golfs, Corsas, Clio's etc etc just make me feel sorry for the people who drive them who actually think their cars are cool.

Sloth likes this.
  5. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I would only rice up a car if i could afford a car worth ricing.... as Uni said people with corsa, clio and golfs who pimp them and spend more money on body kits than the value of the car is just sad theres no point one day you're going to ditch it and its not going to worth half what you paid to a sane person

[​IMG]

Yes please :)

I would say go for it still i like the sound of it and i've never seen a scion before so can't really judge it on the gran scheme of things

6. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

My muddled thoughts put perfectly into words!

7. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I drive around in a large-ish stationwagon all alone. It's great because it pisses of the environmentalists :D

I could drive around in a pickup, but I don't want to sacrifice handling and comfort. ;)

8. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Sounds to me like this girl would lurve to go for a spin in a riced out car! :naughty:

9. Unicorn

Thanks, glad I could help! :thumb:

:D

10. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

Increasing the performance of your car - great!! (performance putting an all round blanket on speed/power/handling/whatnot!)

Making your car look like it has increased performance = lying to yourself! Might aswell spend the money on crack/heroin and go straight into outer space as you are an astrounaught right?!?! (There may be some sarcasm in this post!?)

...Anyway - as many people have said - its his money, so he can do what he likes! And no - we are not trolling - we are just trying to save this kid some money! At the end of the day, its like me spending $800 on watercooling gear and then hanging it on my wall - I would get flamed on this forum for being stupid...You can't ask people that get extra performance out of their PC parts no question this kind of behaviour! :p

...just my 2p...

either way - get a mini, rip out the backseats, drop in a v8 and then tear it apart with the torque!

11. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

minis are horribly expensive in the states :/ quite unfortunately, and it's a gigantic PITA to import them....

12. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Just think of them as added crumple zones for when they inevitably crash it into a wall. I hate all Corsa's. A barely drive the scoob to the end of the street and there's a bloody Corsa or shitroen C2 driver wanting to race.

13. grritsshawn

grritsshawn I'm not insane I'm a modder

Well we talked to my dads lawyers he isnt getting his money for another 3-8 months which is what they told us about 6 times ago. Also my dad and his buddy and trying to convince me to get a nicer car.(them both loving the porsche) They told me a 1998-2002 porsche boxster is a good car for the price. But me being 6 foot I'm not sure about it. I bearly fit into the 1994 Porsche 911 turbo II that me and his body jimmy are working on

14. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I drive a corsa :waah: no mods i can afford it but i prefer not to look like a complete *****

But i love seeing the wacked out ones and laughing at them as they go WRRAAAAOOOOM!!! about 10 miles a hour around a roundabout

I don't think they realize how terrible they look :D a guy i new had a black one (corsa b) with almost like a snow plow for a body kit bumper... the paint work was just splodgy im pretty sure he did it himself with aerosol cans all black!! :hehe::hehe::hehe: it really was vomit worthy

I don't plan to mod any car but i would'nt mind a nice scoob myself always loved how they look :thumb:

15. Xir

Xir Modder

Wait.
    Your alternative for a 6 grand Scion is a Porsche?

I'm retracting all my statements of understanding a young fellows liking for streetracing looks, and demand true style* over bodykits. :hip:

*as in, Porsche style

Also, if you body kit a Porsche, or respray it, you're gay. Not sexually, characterwise. :D
    Same goes to your uncle for ripping out the original seats...unless he's a trackdriver, than respraiing, and bodykitting and ripping out things are cool

16. Xir

Xir Modder

Baaah, they're dead slow once you get over 120Mph...
    ...I'll get my coat :D

17. grritsshawn

Porsche is a car that has and is beauty i would never in my life repaint or body kit a porsche those things are gorgeous. But they are only stick shift(the ones i found) I drove jimmys today finaly finished it and we hit about 90 on the thru way the way u feel and just the sound the drive is amazing they look weird but are a work of art. I've drove a scion tc a couple of times i like them but I love the way i felt driving the porsche haha

18. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Insurance companies in America obviously haven't learnt how they can rip motorists off yet if you can get insured on a Porsche.

If your going down that sort of route, get something with a V8 in it, :D, not some body-kitted beetle, :D

(you may have guessed I'm not a fan of Porsches, :D ).

19. grritsshawn

haha. Well im throwing up pros and cons about which one i mean if i get etheir im getting cheap insurance

20. Xir

Xir Modder

Once you get used to Stick-shift, you won't want it otherwise :D
    But I can Imagine it takes some getting used to if all you've driven so far were automatics.

Just out of interest, where do you look for car-sales in the USA? is there like a nationwide used-car website?