1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Car Dent Repair

Discussion in 'General' started by TaRkA DaHl, 21 Sep 2012.

1. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

I have a few small car park dents down both sides of my car, anyone have experience removing themselves and able to recommend kits/tools.

A quick check on the bay shows loads of cheapish tools like suction cups, glue kits and the slightly more expensive rods you put down the inside of the door to push them out from the inside.

Anyone used any of these and able to confirm how effective they are?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Dent-...ment&hash=item2eb51d2af2&_uhb=1#ht_997wt_1163

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Bodyw...ent&hash=item27ca2adb0f&_uhb=1#ht_3125wt_1397

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-pc-PAI...int&hash=item1c2b5916df&_uhb=1#ht_3525wt_1397

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Last time I saw a dentwizard chap he was using a combo of glue and the sticks, it's not the hardware that makes the difference, it's knowing what to do with it!

Honestly though, the glue kit looked the easiest to do, and for £10 I'm tempted to have a go with one myself.

3. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

Was my thinking, spent a bit of time in the past knocking various bashes out of a mini when re-building it, but that wasn't exactly the most precise metal work as it was all skimmed and sanded then fully re-painted, this I want to try and do with the minimal cost as I have about 10 dents down both doors :/

4. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

We got a quote from our local ChipsAway dude last year for quite substantial scratch/dent damage to a wheel arch, he quoted £300 for a full day's work which I actually though was fairly reasonable.

We didn't go for it in the end because he wasn't confident he'd be able to bring it back to showroom standard. Sadly that means it's still sporting its dent, and I've spotted a touch of rust :(

5. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

The problem with dents and pushing or pulling them out is the risk of cracking the paint work when doing so.

Thus adding more overall cost to getting it painted.

6. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

Not sure if this could be applied to your dents, but figured I would mention it if it could help you out.

7. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

Depending on the dent will decide which remover you use. If it's a small dent or in an odd place then the last puller would work well with practice on something you dont value. If it is a large dent on a flat surface then 1 is your best option. I have no experience with 2.

8. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

I have actually tried the heat/compressed air one before, it seemed to work well on larger dents, I think these may be too small to use it on. The largest are about an inch and they are right down the side of the doors, so not somewhere I want to cock up.